• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

loading harddrive scsi driver problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deftor

hi all,

I just got myself a SATA harddrive and plan on making it the drive to boot off. Since I've lost my SATA driver diskette, my pc is down and my laptop has no floppy drive, I lugged myself to a friends house to dl the NF7-S SATA drivers into a floppy and came home to work on my pc.

However, the drivers didn't load off the floppy after I got into the scsi driver load screen in the winxp setup. Then I remembered having a problem with loading my raid drivers once upon a time in the winxp setup. It was a problem where the file in the floppy was named oemsetup.txt (or something like that) instead of OEMSETUP.TXT. I believe I'm having the same problem but can't be sure tonight because I'm not about to lug myself to my friends for a second time tonight. Just to use the floppy drive to rename the file.

Have anyone else had this problem? This is awkward because the dl came default in lower case. Unless this is some windows filename thing where they believe in case insensitive when their installer isn't quite case insensitive.

But I might be wrong about the whole issue..just wondering if anyone else has seen this.

Sonny

Senior TIFOSI
I have never labeled a Floppy Drive to match that file & have never had any problems when installing RAID/SATA/SCSI or any other additional controler drivers in Windows XP. Look at the attachment to what the contents of the floppy should look like. The problem that you have is that the SI drivers are in another directory.

Attachments

• 00001.gif
    00001.gif
    10.8 KB · Views: 120
OP
deftor

deftor

to no suprise, my disk looks just like the wrong one. but thats how it was extracted by default.

I'm going to copy out the 3112 and 3114 folders just like how you have yours. Thanks.