• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lock ups

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wicked Klown

Hard *** Southern Boy Senior
The last couple of days I've been getting lock ups while playing AA. Only thing that is overclocked is my cpu. If I don't play the game my computer ruuns all day with no problems. I thought maybe the fan on the video card died but it's still working. I havn't changed anything since I built the computer. I'm running at 133FSB so my PCI/AGP are in specs. What could be wrong?

PS forgot system specs. CPU 800 celeron @ 1064, PC133 ram 512mb, AOpen AX34 Pro II, 300 watt PSU.

Last edited:

cullam3n

Some things to try:

1. Lower down the OC on the video card.
- Or maybe it isn't receiving enough cooling, too hot in the case?

2. Raise the voltage on the CPU; it might be freezing up.

3. Get a higher rated PSU.

Those are the only things I can think of off the top of my head.

-PC

OP
Wicked Klown

Wicked Klown

Cullam3n said:
Some things to try:

1. Lower down the OC on the video card.
- Or maybe it isn't receiving enough cooling, too hot in the case?

Video card is not overclocked

2. Raise the voltage on the CPU; it might be freezing up.

voltage is 1.85 and ruuing at a nice cool 21C idle and 24Cload

cullam3n

Okay. How is the case temp? Is the fan on the video card working? Can you check the volt lines on your PSU? You can do it in your bios or look for MBM5 (Motherboard Monitor 5).

-PC

OP
Wicked Klown

Wicked Klown

Case temp is about 23C cause the top and sides are off. Yes the fan for the video card HS is working first thing I checked. I'll get back to you on the voltages of the PSU.

PS ok the voltages are +2.5 is 2.59, +3.3 is 3.25, +5 is 5.12 and the +12 is 12.60 and the Vcore is set at 1.77

Last edited:

ziah

same game!! mine does the same thing. no overclocking though. temperatures are at 44-45c. the second the cpu hits 47c it freezes the system. and i have a 90mm fan on the vid card. as soon as it locks i check the sinks but the geforce sink is cold and the cpu is not very hot either.

~z

OP
Wicked Klown

Wicked Klown

Not really sure bout mine. I got it from a local computer shop. Funny thing is, is that it's the same one I've always used for in this system.