• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Locking my Duron?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hassmh

Registered
I think I just successfully unlocked my 1.3GHz Duron, but now I'm trying to lock it at a 10x multiplier as my board doesn't support multiplier adjustment. I've got the necessary 2 pins shorted and I've got the 1x, 2x, and 4x pencilled in on my L1s, but it still comes up as a 5x multiplier. Any ideas why this might be? Is there something else I need to do to really unlock it?

If you want to relock your chip at a different multiplier you will have to cut bridges on the chip itself. the L1 unlocking only lets you use the multiplier controls on the mobo or in the BIOS, unless you want to cut bridges there's a post here that will tell you how you can get your mobo to support multiplier manipulation

Yeah, I shorted those two pins, that's why I've got a 5x multiplier instead of 13x. Do I still have to cut the one L10 and pencil the other? I thought the pin mod in effect did the same thing? Are there other bridges that need modding to hard-code a mutliplier?

This is my first unlocking adventure, doing it with a cheap CPU and mobo that I don't really care about unless I get some sweet results, so I'm up for trying just about anything.

I reviewed the link, it appears you only need to bridge the L1's and do the pin mod in order to get from 5-12.5 unlocked. I have my L1's bridged and can only get up to 12 x multi, I am going to try the pin mod shortly and post my findings.

Back