• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

lockups?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

crash16

having issues with lockup when playing games?
locks up in borderlands, killing floor, saints row 2
i have played counter strike source on it with no issues
i have tried switching out psu/mobo/videocard and still does it.
i have ran prime95 for 12hrs 0 errors passed all tests.

ASRock 939S56-M Socket 939 PCI Express x16
AMD Athlon 64 3700+ San Diego 2.2GHz Socket 939 Single-Core
EVGA 256-P2-N624-AR GeForce 7900GS 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16
G.SKILL Value Series 2GB (2 x 1GB) DDR 400 (PC 3200) Dual Channel Kit
Western Digital Raptor WD740GD 74GB 10000 RPM SATA 1.5Gb/s
COOLER MASTER Elite 460 RS-460-PSAR-J3 460W

yeah I'm lost as to what it could be??

Xtreme Barton

what settings are you running it at .. have you tried re-installing one of those games ? tried lowering the settings and see if it makes any difference .. update all drivers (try different graphics maybe a lower version ?)

just trying to get the ball rolling here

OP
crash16

crash16

yeah ive reinstalled the os 3 times tried different video drivers and tried changing the video settings
first os i tried was win7 and then xp currently
i started out with a DFI lanparty ut motherboard then got the asrock

video settings for the games are on low with a res of 1024x768
cpu/gpu/mem are at stock clocks

GT3mich

I would still be looking at that ram. My son had the same kind of problems until is switched out his ram. Now he has zero problems. It could be the PSU also.

OP
crash16

crash16

psu has been swapped out with the one in my sig..and still locks up..mem i think i have a set i can use out of my server to test

OP
crash16

crash16

just tried a differnt hd and different memory still locks up when i try to play borderlands and ive tried a different videocard so the temp is void

bda1967

I had a similar issue with the crappy on-board Realtek sound drivers being the culprit. After reinstalling drivers, I had to lower the sound quality in order to keep the game from crashing the computer. The PC was 12 hrs Prime 95 stable but when I played COD WaW it would cause all sorts of trouble for me.

OP
crash16

crash16

ive been messing with it all day i got it to bsod once...

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

otherwise it just locks up

also had it just restart once when i checked the event log it was because of the display driver i think...but i have installed 3 different drivers from nvidia with the same result

i could disable it in bios..but at one point i uninstalled the drivers for the audio and ran 3dmark and it still locked up

i can play killing floor for hours on end no problems...and other times i can only play 5-10min maybe a lil more and it will lockup

Last edited: