• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Logitech Elite Duo Wireless Keyboard and Mouse

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Capt Fiero

Ok I got one of these sets for Christmas. Maybe it is just me, but it just does not feel "RIGHT" I can’t seem to get a comfortable grip on the mouse, and I find myself making tons of typing errors while typing things. My old keyboard was a Viewsonic Office Xp Keyboard and I was using a Microsoft Wireless Intelimouse. 2 Button Optical Scroll. So this is a pretty big jump for me in terms of change.

Did anyone else have the same problem when they first moved to this system? How long did it take you to get comfortable with the odd shaped mouse from Logitech? Did you ever start using the extra button down on the base of it for anything? If you did what did you use it for.

Now don’t get me wrong here. I love the feel of this keyboard, the buttons are much nicer than the Viewsonic, and I love all the extra buttons that actually work right. The spin volume control on the top is really nice. The only thing I can’t get to work is the scroll wheel on the keyboard. But everything can’t be perfect, right.

Well let me know your options.

I got the same for christmas, I love it. Just spend some time playing with it, find a flash game or something that will let you get used to the mouse. The angle of the keyboard is kinda weird I admit. It just takes time

Yup I feel the same way, although I love this keyboard, the mouse seems to go passed whatever I aim at. I keep changing the sensitivity and the acceleration but still. I am just going to set it at one setting and leave it that way until I get used to it.

I also ordered one of those mouse pads from jab-tech, hopefully it helps.

I think I am getting used to the keyboard but the mouse still just does not feel right, I cant seem to find a way to hold it and feel comfortable with it. But it has only been 24hrs so I am sure with use I will get comfortable with it. Same thing happend when I put a new shifter and shift knob in my car it took a few weeks to get used to it, and now I tried driving a friends car with the stock setup and just hated it.

I still have not found a good use for the extra button though.

It has now gone almost 48 hours since i got my keyboard and mouse and to tell the trouth they were a bit wierd to use at first but now im getting the hang of it.

i use the thumb buttons on my mouse for forward and back.
it tooka few days to get the feel of it but it's perfect now, i couldn't live with out it

I have that same set. I use the thumb button for "back." Lets me browse forums much easier. I always try and use buttons that don't exist when I'm at school, lol.

Scott

Well it has now been 4 days of constant computer use. I had to do some work on the server and grabbed the old style mouse and actully pulled my hand away for a second trying to figure out what I just put my hand on. WOW does it feel wierd going back to a regular mouse after using the Elite. I do have to say that now that I have used it, I will never go back. I have the same thing to say about the keyboard. Very nice feel to the keys once you get used to it. I am not sure what I am going to do when I get to work tommorow and have to use an antique style Windows 98 era Keyboard and Mouse. I just might bring my own mouse and keyboard in.

Got the MX700 for Xmas and I love it. Feels excellent and yes I use all the new buttons (particularily the forward and back). Very precise and smooth. Had to go to logitech's site to update the driver to get the scroll cruise control working in Mozilla (v9.79).:thup:

Back