• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Logitech MX300 to MX500/700 a worthy upgrade?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Papier

I've been thinking of getting another mouse. I currently got a mx300 and even though it's good, it just feels floaty and less responsive than other mouses. No matter what options I change, I just can still feel it at times. It rarely affects my games, but in a split second deathmatch sometimes I"m cursing the little buddy out.

So to the people who've tried both, are MX500/700 better than the MX300 for gaming? Or is it even barely noticable?

simpleman

i have the mx700 it came with my desk top duo
the wireless k-board and rechargeable mouse,
it was the best $99 i spent.
i love the forward and back buttons on the side of the mouse.
you can find a great price on the k-board and mouse at
www.justdeals.com

the mx-700 mouse is $35
and the elite duo set is $58
there

Bensa

I've heard that the MX300 is the best for gaming, since its size and weight. Since some games don't support the extra buttons, it might not be worth for a serious gamer, but the buttons are a blessing when working on the desktop.

Dc5e

well... the difference between the 300 500/700 isn't much... I believe they all use the same optical engine, so if you experienced lag with your 300, you'll most likely experience it with the 500/700 unless your 300 was somehow messed up.

Also a plus with the 500/700 is you get 2 extra mouse buttons you can use in games. (Back and forward)

So far i haven't experienced lag with the mouse itself, except sometimes in halflife, my mouse "locks" but i believe it has something to do with my laptop drivers because i've had this problem before and fixed it by reinstalling older drivers.

OP
Papier

Papier

It could also be that my hands are pretty big and the mx300 is a small mouse that it's less responsive with my hands. I always feel like I have to get a firm grip on it before moving it, plus my mousepad is the cheapest thing that came from the dumpster. :p

In the future I might buy the mx700, or the corldess duo, and compare them both then post it on the forums. Right now I think I'll get a new mousepad for my little buddy.

Dc5e

i'm using the mx duo... great set, and i'm using some old white mousepad... nothing special

johan851

Insatiably Malcontent, Senior Member
My cheap little MS Wheel Mouse Optical + Scotch tape feet works very very nicely on my fUnc mousepad...I'd suggest you go with a fUnc. It made a huge difference over my cheap Staples pad.

13rian

if cost ain't a thing, go to the top, i guess. the wireless mx700 tho is heavier having batteries and may eat up a little bit more money, but it seems to be more ideal for ur taste.

on a side note, if u plan on getting a really smooth pad for ur gaming, do NOT get the ratpadz (i unfortunately have 1) and get a fUnc. unless ur sensitivity is MAD low, it'll be worth the extra cash.

T20

I was given MX500 and MX700 as a present for my bday, since I hinted that I needed a mouse. Had to sell both of them and get me an MX300.

If you dont like MX300 for gaming, then it aint the mouse bro, its you ;p

/flame suit on

DayUSeX

how can you not like the mx700, easily the ebst mouch i have ever laid hands on!!!

k3nshin

yeh i have a mx700 got it for christmas its a great mouse, now all i need is a better pad, maybe i wil steal my friends fUNC pad......

xanderjobizzle

FUNC is a brand of mouse pad that is by far the greatest thing since sliced bread. I have it with my MX500 and it is the greates combo in the world. The mouse just glides over the pad. The pad also comes with a steel caring case and a wire holder to catch snags during gaming. I would highly recomend either the MX 500 or 700 with a $20 func pad. You can perchase the pad and mouse at newegg.com