• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Logitech opti wheel mouse on XP "cant use the scroll wheel "

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jgaud

just installed XP, mouse worked before no problems. NOW after XP mouse works fine "EXCEPT" scroll wheel and yes the drivers are the newest and the chipset drivers are up to date also. any IDEAS????? have tried to reinstall afew time to nom avail. PS: IWILL xp 333r with 1 gig tbird THANKS J

jw50

Have you downloaded and installed the latest MouseMan software from Logitech? Does the wheel work properly when you do the MouseMan setup? Does XP properly recognize the mouse as a wheel mouse?

OP
jgaud

jgaud

Ive been on with LOGI tech support and they blame XP. I have the latest drivers ETC. and have reinstalled the mouseware 3 times I m waiting on hold with tech right now THIS SUCKS I am not buying another mouse for BS XP another flawed MS product The OS sees the mouse correctly yet IT WONT load the drivers correctly. From the guy on the phone it sounds as this and other XP related problems are a big issue.

OP
jgaud

jgaud

Well I solved it. Two bad mice TWO RMA's you live you learn SO MUCH FOR MY A+ for all you A+'s remember FRU = feild repacement unit LOL *sigh*