• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Logmein

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fabulouscoops

I recently developed the need for a free remote desktop program and came across LogMeIn. I have signed up and so far, it looks pretty good. A search here found only two entries from 7 months ago. Is anyone else using this? Is there anything I should know about the security of the service, will I get spammed to upgrade, etc.
Is there another free (or for around $30 or less) program that is better? (has file transfers for example).
Thanks for any input.

nikhsub1

Unoriginal Macho Moderator
IMO logmein rules! I have not found anything better, even a pay service. Logmein pro is cheap, i think like $8 a month or so which gives you remote printing, filetransfer and synchronize as well.

amazon10x

There are a few people here that use LogMeIn myself included (I only use the free service) and I believe I might have gotten an email once about upgrading but I havent been spammed by them at all.

four4875

so does this logmein use a third party's interaction between you and your comp? i would like to have something going for internal network use that basically gives me the other comps desktop on this laptop, for controlling music and volumes and such when im in the other room. yeah the music is that loud hahaha.