• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

lol at these temps plz help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xplos!ve

hi, im trying 2 help my m8 out coz he has a Advent system with a athlon 2600+ 512 ddr geforce 4 mx420 64mb and he is getting 32 degrees m/b temp and 72 degrees cpu temp! he has a heatsink and fan for cpu and a case fan but is still getting these temps it is so bad infact every 30mins is computer shuts down coz it is overheated can any1 recommend anything without having 2 buy any fans etc or if not cud u tell me wot fan wud be good at a low price?

Speak English much? Your friend needs to fix the heatsink (if he has one on)... adding more fans won't fix anything for those temps. Make sure he's using thermal paste correctly.

C'mon this sounds like a joke... you are refering to Celcius right? Maybe you are "reefering" to much instead! LOL.

:eek:

masitti said:
Speak English much? Your friend needs to fix the heatsink (if he has one on)... adding more fans won't fix anything for those temps. Make sure he's using thermal paste correctly.

Adding more fans won't fix anything?
Of course it will.

Tell your friend to remove the sidepanels.
As a temporary measure that should help to lower his systemps.
Then figure out where the hot air is coming from, where it is going and what you have to do to fix the problem.
There are several good threads which cover cooling your case down ( I recommend the "Modding a ZaserIII", but I am biased).

clocker2 said:

Adding more fans won't fix anything?
Of course it will.

Yes but if this guy is refering to Celcius case fans won't impact the CPU temps as much as installing the HSF correctly.

Agreed though that ambient temp is VERY important.

1) Using good grammar helps.

2) Taking shots at other's bad grammar does not.

3) How is the temp being measured?

4) has he tired taking the doors off to see if improved flow solved the problem as mentioned before? If so did it work?

That sounds like degrees C to me.

Please tell me that 1) the HS/F is improperly installed 2) You're reading CPU diode temeprature, not socket temperature 3) that the heatsink fan's connector isn't hooked up and 4) he hasn't been letting this go on for weeks and weeks.

85 degrees C is the melt down temperature for most Athlons.

Advice: New heat sink, new thermal interface. Though it is possible that permanent damage may have occured already.

Back