• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

LOL listen to this :0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hehe...

Cown, is that your REAL pic in your avatar?

Anyways, just very unexperienced people :eh?:

HaywirE said:
Hehe...

Cown, is that your REAL pic in your avatar?

Anyways, just very unexperienced people :eh?:

:D Think your the fifth person to ask me that :p

No it ain't me, but I'll bet thats what I'll look like at the age of 70 or so :eek: :cool: :eek:

Cown said:
:p i think is funny heheh :beer:

I think its stupid, looking at a very fat person is funny? :mad:

Whatever dude, thats just lame.

Hah, you probably are that person :eek:

Sight...... I have almost done the same thing. It was when I was building my first computer (this one to be precise). I got the HSF, with preapplied goo and a red waxpaper sticker to protect it. Attatched the clamps and tried to turn on the computer, wax paper and all.Luckily, due to a misprint in the 8KHA+ manual, the clear bios jumper was in the wrong position, and the computer never powered on. Through the various disassemblies and reassemblied (trying to figure out why it wouldn't start, I managed to chip the core, and had to send for a replacement. In the downtime I spent some more time here on my other computer. By the time I got it back, I realized how bad that would have been, and borrowed some ASII from a friend, clened the HSF with Acetone, and now I'm happy

HaywirE said:

Hey dood, you don't like it, you can turn the avatars off. :rolleyes: Go cry about it elsewhere.

lol, that is so funny with the heatsink; my friend actually asked me for help to build his comp though, since he didn't want to put $400 down the drain. :p

wanna here something else funny?

my friend was building his first pc and he wanted to do it by himself no help from me other than telling him what parts to get.

he got a 1900xp, AX7, 40cfm Sunon, Aritic Silver 3, and a abit KX7

he calls me up and asks me how to install the heatsink. i tell him how to be careful w/ ax7 etc and i tell him to put a thin layer of AS3 on the cpu and then rub it into the base of the heatsink.

first off he tried to install the heatsink backwards and was on the phone with me for 30 minutes wonderin why the friggin clip wasnt working! ok so he rotates around, his hand slips and jams his screwdriver into the mobo. luckily there was protective tape where he jammed it in or his thing would be toast!

he boots up and everything is fine so he says thanks and installs winxp.

calls me back a hour later. he says his temps are 35C case and 64C Cpu and wonders if those are fine. I tell him to turn off the computer and i will be over in a hour (his fan was running on the heatsink too).

i get there and pry off the heatsink. you wont believe what the idiot did. when he rubbed the as into the heatsink he did it with a plastic bag and never wiped it off with a cloth. because of this there was a thin layer of AS all over the bottom of the sink. because artic silver 3 drips when you apply to much the artic silver had dripped all over the cpu, on the bridges and everything.

man oh man he is lucky nothing broke!

HaywirE said:

Ehh ok?

You got a problem with overweight persons?

I dont see anything wrong with putting the thermal grease bag right on there.
If it works, there is no problem right?
Nothing I would recommend to my friends though ;)

lol damn, he is very lucky... i know alot of ppl who have destroyed their CPU core cuzz they installed their hsf the wrong way, and not to talk about screwdrivers... they are DANGEROUS :beer:

hey thats great,

i had to read it twice.....

i thought he just used the cheap goo, but no he put the whole plastic bag in between the hsf and cpu,

now that rocks :D :D :D LOL LOL LOL

Back