• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Longest online match you've played?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Maxvla

i just got done with a UT2k3 bombing run game that lasted 1 hour 23 minutes. in the process i scored about 340 kills :)

whats your record? and what game?

Lusankya

8 straight hours of BF1942
12 hours on 1 game of Total Annihilation (ever played an rts game with the AI sending a fleet of over 300 ships at you.. with the collum of them spanning 6 frelling screens?)

KiKaL

Well mine was a clanmatch for Unreal Fortress that I believe was 3 hours long. I think I had another clan match in Return to Castle Wolfenstein that was 2-3 hours long also.

yanks111

Just the other night I was playing a ctf server of bf1942 with a couple of ace pilots.

Back in forth for about 3 hours the flags would be taken and returned......by the airplanes. The ground troops were completely destroyed. By the end of the match there was about 10 people left out of the 32 that started :rolleyes:

Mr.DLucey

2 - 2 1/2 hours
Playing Starcraft in a 2 vs 2 game- I was on the winning team it was hard as H E * *.

Zuck Gou :)

A game of Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds for 6 hours at a Lan. I seriously didn't realize it had been that long.

Jon

Just Another Retired Moderator
Downloaded and installed the Natural Selection mod for Half Life Saturday evening. The Marines lost their Command console and were already pretty stacked while the aliens barely had anything going. This allowed them to begin building their side up while we slowly went downhill.

The server had no set time limit on matches. From the time I joined the server (game was in progress when I joined) to the time the match was over, exceeded 12 hours. I passed out immediately afterwards.

T20

About 7-8 hours, I passed All of Serious Sam SE single player in coop mode @ one sitting lol.

Also I used to play an mmorpg... so the answer would be days lol... (Kids dont join mmorpg's!!)

eXtraktor

5 1/2 hours, Rogue Spear clan match... Match wasnt over, we decided to continue the day after because it was 5:30am and some of us had to work, lol.

Banyan

total annihilation with the switeck ai. a long time ago we used to have matches that would last 8 hours, and sometimes a lot longer. when emperor: battle for dune (game sucked) came out, a friend and i tried it and played for i think 10 hours, and it still ended in a stalemate, finally went to bed around 6am. played a few mobile forces ctf matches that lasted hours also...