• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

LOOK!! Real pics of NV30!!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
A friend of mine was telling me that one of the reason they didn't went for the name Geforce 5 was this

Voodoo 1 -> Voodoo 2 -> Voodoo 3 -> Voodoo 4/5 -> END

Geforce 1 -> Geforce 2 -> Geforce 3 -> Geforce 4 -> ........

so at the time of decission of name they were a lil paranoid,

his reason sounded a lil funny to me but in a totally different (paranoid) way it does makes sense,

now ppl are going to make fun of me hehe :)

This one is the BEST OC MASTER

I guess by the time geforce mx is out in market and at reasonable price (for me to think about replacing my ti4200) geforce mx2 (or what ever they decide to call it) will be announced lol, so i guess my best bet would be to wait for that one and save my pennies (after all its only about a month i got my ti4200 replacing my geforce2 ultra)

If anyone for a single second doubts that the Geforce FX will masacre the Radeon 9700 than you are plain dumb....sorry but look at the clock speeds alone for good's sake. And 1gig DDRII....come on

ITS ALL OVER!!!
ITS ALL OVER!!!
ITS ALL OVER!!!

DIE ATI DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mmmm geforce fx goodness mmmm:drool: :drool: :drool:

If anyone for a single second doubts that the Geforce FX will masacre the Radeon 9700 than you are plain dumb....sorry but look at the clock speeds alone for good's sake. And 1gig DDRII....come on

TS ALL OVER!!!
ITS ALL OVER!!!
ITS ALL OVER!!!

DIE ATI DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mmmm geforce fx goodness mmmm

admins, please sticky this as the definition of "troll"

And obviously ati's working on a new graphics board to compete the new nvidia board.

Whats a troll???

Anyway...Im sure they are working on another card to compete with FX....but how good will it be?? Remember how long it was before Radeon final pulled ahead of NVIDIA??? How long will it take this time?

We don't even know for sure that the NV30 will surpass the 9700. the only thing that will determine that is the benchmarks.

<Casts out the bait with is trusty Troll Pole>

IF the NV30 is faster then the R300 what does that prove?

It will be about 6 months too late.

Again, IF the NV30 is better... right now and for 3 more months ...

WHO'S THE KING!
WHO'S THE KING!
WHO'S THE KING!

9700 PRO'S THE KING!

Hail to the king baby!

And o ya....ATI makes one card faster than the GeForce and it is suddenly "KING"? As far as I concerned the 9700 is still in the same class as the Ti4600....GeForce FX is next-generation...when will ATI have next-generation...what they did wasnt an insane technology jump...hell ther mem was clocked lower than the ti4600....however introducing a card with 256mb DDRII mem at 1gig is completely unheard of...not to mention its core clock of 500mhz. Quite a step up from the Ti4600 or 9700. I would like to see how ATI reponds to FX if they do at all. (and im not talking about an overclocked 9700 with 256mb mem that they give a new name.)

Think abou it-----

EDIT: Dont get me wrong bro...I would trade in my g3 for a 9700 any day, but if I had to chose between an FX or 9700 the FX would be in my hands before you could say "NVIDIA OWNS"!

NO LIFE said:
And o ya....ATI makes one card faster than the GeForce and it is suddenly "KING"? As far as I concerned the 9700 is still in the same class as the Ti4600....GeForce FX is next-generation...when will ATI have next-generation...what they did wasnt an insane technology jump...hell ther mem was clocked lower than the ti4600....however introducing a card with 256mb DDRII mem at 1gig is completely unheard of...not to mention its core clock of 500mhz. Quite a step up from the Ti4600 or 9700. I would like to see how ATI reponds to FX if they do at all. (and im not talking about an overclocked 9700 with 256mb mem that they give a new name.)

Think abou it-----

EDIT: Dont get me wrong bro...I would trade in my g3 for a 9700 any day, but if I had to chose between an FX or 9700 the FX would be in my hands before you could say "NVIDIA OWNS"!

actually it was the Geforce4 that was not a next gen product....not only was the 9700Pro a next gen product compared to 8500, it was one compared to 4600

1ghz memory is just a PR figure nvidia put out to fool people....the 9700Pro's 256 bit memory has just as much if not more bandwith....the NV30 has 128bit memory....

i dont know how you can call a card that is almost twice as fast with high detail settings "in the same class" thats like saying a V6 toyota camry is in the same class as a 911 turbo..think about it...

and thankfully for Ati, Nvidia screwed up....FX (what a stupid name lol....GF5 would been better) will not be out till february...almost a full 6months after release of the 9700Pro....ati will have something up your sleeves.....

and as for which id pick if i had the choice right now.....id pick the 9700Pro, actual hardware beats a peice of paper or pictures off the internet easily *darn anandtech...doesnt work at 4x agp...argh need to turn off sidebanding*:D

NO LIFE said:
Runsalone...I think we can all assume the FX will pass a 9700...who agrees?

Of course it will. It'll be 6+ months newer and designed by a corporation who has superior R&D resources and the money to blow on it. ATi will counter it with something better in due time, but that's just the cyclical motion of the market.

First off I never said that the g4 was next-gen....but neither is the 9700. Its performace may be excellent but the FX will be at least 50% faster. Which brings me to my next point...they didnt call it g5 cuz its a completely new card...the core mem and cooling are all redone. And what do you mean nvidia is fooling people by saying it it clocked at 1ghz memory?!? Its DDRII memory clocked at 500mhz and DDRII allows 4 chunks of info up and down at the same time unlike ATI with DDRI that allows 2 chunks of data up and down at the same time. That means in comparison to the 9700 running at 310mgz DDRI the FX would be clocked at 1ghz with DDRI. However since they use DDRII the clock with that is 500mhz. They are merely comparing it to the Radeon card and their other previous vid cards.

Beside those facts I dont know how you can consider a card with a lower memory clock that its competitor next-generation. The memory type and other factors between the Ti4600 and 9700 are very different which makes up for the low clock but most consumers look at the number and 1ghz looks more appealing than 310hhz.:argue: ;) :p

Very true donny but ATI's market cycle seems to be something along the lines of keep an ok card for 4 years then finally release a top of the line...and then make consumers wait another 4 years b4 another break-through.

While nvidia constantly makes a more powerful card on a REGULAR basis. Personally I dont like ATI's track record at all.

i'm personally in love with nvidia cards, but right now, i would say that the 9700 pro is king just because it does beat out the ti 4600... and for the nv30, i want to see some comparison benchmarks... that will tell the real story. you can speculate all you want, but the real test will be running benches and programs.

NO LIFE said:
First off I never said that the g4 was next-gen....but neither is the 9700. Its performace may be excellent but the FX will be at least 50% faster. Which brings me to my next point...they didnt call it g5 cuz its a completely new card...the core mem and cooling are all redone. And what do you mean nvidia is fooling people by saying it it clocked at 1ghz memory?!? Its DDRII memory clocked at 500mhz and DDRII allows 4 chunks of info up and down at the same time unlike ATI with DDRI that allows 2 chunks of data up and down at the same time. That means in comparison to the 9700 running at 310mgz DDRI the FX would be clocked at 1ghz with DDRI. However since they use DDRII the clock with that is 500mhz. They are merely comparing it to the Radeon card and their other previous vid cards.

Beside those facts I dont know how you can consider a card with a lower memory clock that its competitor next-generation. The memory type and other factors between the Ti4600 and 9700 are very different which makes up for the low clock but most consumers look at the number and 1ghz looks more appealing than 310hhz.:argue: ;) :p

obviously 1ghz looks more appealing, thats why they chose it...and im sorry, but i forgot to say is that Ati's successor to the 9700Pro will have 256bit DDRII memory clocked at around 600mhz....whereas NV30 will have 128 bit clocked at 1ghz.....

and as for what is next generation, i consider the core architecture of the chip rather than the memory architecture....is a Pentium 1 MMX with SDRAM the next generation to Pentium MMX with EDO ram? no, the pentium II was the first chip to really take advantage of that bandwith.....

Heres some insight into my thinking, when something revolutionary happens with the card, that is next gen.....Voodoo2 was next gen, Geforce1 was next gen, Radeon was next gen, Geforce3/Radeon 8500 were next gen, and Radeon9700 was next gen....why do i say this, i say it because each of these introduced something thats never been seen before....the 9700 was ground breaking in that it had such and efficient method of applying aniso and AA that for the first time, games are playable with these features on.....as for the FX being 50% faster, you used that as an argument that it is next gen...you contradicted yourself....how can the 9700 not be next gen even though it is 50% faster, and the FX is because its 50% faster....explain yourself

and i would like to say...as to actual performance, we dont know until february....until then we just get fed nvidia pr bull****:argue::cool:

Back