• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Look what I found an ad for :D

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rob Cork

Take a look at this, saw an ad for it on the frontpage - wonder why we haven't heard of it before? 0.66 C/W, that's why :)

Dunno what made them think they could flog it on an overclocking site...

UPDATE: Just saw an ad for its big brother, also on the frontpage. 0.44 C/W this time - how's that for performance?

TranceBear

Big Daddy Bear Senior
Rob Cork (Jul 25, 2001 04:28 a.m.):
Take a look at this, saw an ad for it on the frontpage - wonder why we haven't heard of it before? 0.66 C/W, that's why :)

UPDATE: Just saw an ad for its big brother, also on the frontpage. 0.44 C/W this time - how's that for performance?

But it has a loud fan. I wonder if it will be worth a test for somebody here, I am looking for better cooling as y'all know. I just don't wanna be the guinnea pig, I already have a Switftec paper weight.

OP
Rob Cork

Rob Cork

The first one's very low profile, might make a good hsf for a gpu or mobo chipset (dunno how big it is). Of course, it might actually perform ok as a waterblock :)

Just thought it was quite funny, seeing them on an ocing site - but now I'm thinking waterblock time... wonder how much they are? Probably cost too much to get them shipped over here to the UK to make it worthwhile.

Mord-Sith

They have the big one with the small fan... I think they need a test drive

the small on would be a good gpu cooler.

Bender

Mysteriously Changing Senior
In Thelemac's Basement Eating the Chickens
The little heatsink is specifically made for 1u servers not for overclocking. I am thinking about using one of the little ones in a dual athlon 1u server. Anyone have any Idea what they cost, or where to get one?

W

William

Alpha has a 1U heatsink that is probably better than that thing. Those are awful C/W values.

Richard

I sent off an email to their sales dept. I am interested in seeing what kind of prices they are asking for these coolers.

I also asked how they conducted tests to determine the C/W of these heatsinks.

Rob Cork (Jul 25, 2001 04:28 a.m.):