• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking 4 AMD MB w/onboard raid 0+1

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hughhefner

Playboy Wannabee
Hello, I'm looking into purchasing soon an AMD socket based mobo with RAID 0+1 to run with 4 120gb 7200rpm 8mb cache drives.

I'm going to be doing some video editing of our families mini DV tapes.

Haven't dived into raid other than raid 0 or 1 so its kindof new to me.

Will be paired with an unlocked Barton 2500 and at 1GB of ram--would like dual channel.

thanks

{PMS}fishy

The only Dual Channel Chipset for the Barton is the NF2, and to my knowledge none of the manufactuers are making boards with RAID 0+1.

Maybe you would be better with a PCI card, that way you can get the MB you want, and move the RAID array to a different computer if need be,

kagee108

NF-7S ABIT. Only comes with one SATA/IDE adapter, so you will have to buy a second. They are about $25. But if you want to run all four in a raid setup, you will have to purchase an add on card from somebody.

OP
Hughhefner

Hughhefner

Playboy Wannabee
Just realized that this rig will be used mostly for vid editing and secondary SETi rig.

No data will be kept on the machine so I really only need RAID 0 with 2 drives---hey hey! that should increase my choices.

the reason i'm looking for onboard raid is due to me having NO luck whatsoever in getting a PCI raid card to work WITHOUT spending an hour with their tech support.

I'll have to look at the abit

DaMouse

Abit NF7-S is good, use Serial-ATA disks with the onboard 2disk RAID setup which I THINK has RAID 0+1 :)
Good Luck!