• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for a Case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chaos2358

Registered
So I finally got my watercooling rig up. But of course since the gods of computers has soemthing against me, the new motherboard I got didn't fit in my old case. So now I'm looking for a case that is big enough to hold a Gigabyte P4 Titan 533 of the 845E sereies as well as most of the watercooling setup. If anyone knows of a case that can also hold the heatercore inside(it's about 7 inches by 8 inches by 2 inches) that would be great. Let me know if anyone has any ideas or what not.

skahtul

How big is big? ( i do not know that motherboard ) 7 x 8 x 2, is that L W H or what? I like the case I have and it might house all your stuff. I am putting a water setup in mine soon. I really like the way it is setup, it is huge. I REALY like the fact that the Motherboard slides out with everything still attached (Video, NIC, Modem, etc,.. ) Give me the size you need and I will measure it.

here is where you can see it.

http://unreal-systems.net/my_system.htm

OP
Chaos2358

Chaos2358

Registered
7 x 8 x 2 is the LWH of the heatercore/radiator I am using. THe mother board is just a full size motherboard, nothing really special about it, just that my old case was designed for a mini. Did you build that case yourself or did you order it from somewhere, and if you ordered it where from and how much?

skahtul

It was ordered. When I ordered (almost 2 years ago) i really didn't know that much about modding computer cases (yes I did buy it, but modified it a little). I bought it from 3DCOOL.com, but it came with two 92mm blow holes on the side pre-cut. If you are looking for a really solid case, mabey one that already looks good then check out www.3DCOOL.com. They are a good place to get stuff. Other than that it is just an ANTEC case with the front slide down/up face plate. It is a full-server tower. I really like it since all of the Hard Drives (if you use an adaptor to mount them into the CD-ROM bay), and CDROMS and Power Supply are seperate from the rest of the system). It measures (in inches) 24(h)x7.5(w)x17(front to back). These are outside measurements.

http://www.3dcool.com/?module=product&sku=tornado3000

Check out that link to see the exact computer case I bought. Read about it carefully. These guys "REALLY" know what they are doing when it comes to cooling down the computer. The pic gives you a good inside view of it. Now looking back, you can buy the origional case and Mod it your self for cheaper. I can't find it yet but I will find out where you can get the plain old case. If you got the money, buy this case, YOU WILL LOVE IT.

Hope any of this helps.

Last edited: