• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for a case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Okay, so you could put the RAID array and the extra drives you have around into the box.

Flip that cooler around so you aren't sucking hot air off the GPU when its loaded... :)

Haha, I would but it doesn't fit (hits the "Thermal armor" on the sabertooth :mad:). This cooler does the job well, but its absolutely massive. I honestly have so much airflow in this case (7 140mm fans work wonders) temps are not even close to an issue.

With that, I ordered an AIO watercooler, which will actually solve MOST of my issues. I can move the GPU up to the first PCIE slot (instead of the bottom one), which gives me clearance over the psu, allows me to use the 5 bay drive cage (I think? Ill make it work if its not supposed to fit), so I can miss 2 HDD's instead of 4 (probably just put a 5.25" hot swap bay in), and I dont have to worry about "sucking hot air" from the GPU.

Bob, missed you man... welcome back. :)

What, beating my head into a wall until I find an obvious answer? :)

Just an elaborate brain storming exercise at the end of the day. I definitely gotta do some homework on setting up a NAS though.

Back