• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for a fan to top my heatsink

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Goku

Registered
Ok i have decided on a Heatsink im getting the Swiftech MC462. I do not want the peice of crap thats on it. Its the Sanyo Denki fan. I would like to see what others think is the best fan to get.

Thelemac

Administratively Deficient
I hear that the Delta that is the other option is an excellent choice...though a tad noisey. You might look into a Hoot Chute.

Hoot

Inactive Moderator
Get the 80x38mm Delta Focused Flow fan. Yeah, it's loud, but tolerable with the cover on and the box under the desk. If you get a rheostat, you can turn it down when you don't need full cooling power. I think SideWinder sells them.
And yes, there is always the superior Hoot Chute aka Cohesive Air Cooling. ;D

Hoot

OP
G

Goku

Registered
first off thanks for all the advice. But I still have a question what is cohesive air cooling?.

YahooDave

Hoot (Jul 27, 2001 10:58 p.m.):
Get the 80x38mm Delta Focused Flow fan. Yeah, it's loud, but tolerable with the cover on and the box under the desk. If you get a rheostat, you can turn it down when you don't need full cooling power. I think SideWinder sells them.
And yes, there is always the superior Hoot Chute aka Cohesive Air Cooling. ;D

Hoot

I agree, but good luck finding a place that sells this beauty. IF anyone knows where you can get the 80mm Delta please let us know (68cfm).

OP
G

Goku

Registered
68.5 cfm delta fan is at http://www.coolerguys.com so the swiftech mc462 will out cool the thermalright sk6 with that fan on it? I want the best but i won't go water at this time because i want to see what my sys can do with air.

most deaf

delta is bloody noisy, another option is try and make a adapter so you can fit a 120mm fan on it