• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

looking for a good headset for gaming/music

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chrome-187

well im tired of my gf telling me to turn down my sourround sound system...if i can't play my games loud i'd rather not play them at all....so its either get a nice headset or not game for me...i want a headset that has good bass, treble, clear, mic, and COMFORTABLE...

i'm looking at the creative mkII's or the logitech 330, how do they compare to the ad700 i see recommended by some here?...my price range is around $70-$100...cheaper the better :) (2 diaper hungry kids put a damper on the funds)

please help, i want to get a headset within 2-3 days...sooner the better...i do not know much about headsets to get a nice set...i've only bought logitech and plantronics and really have not been satisfied with the bass or comfort...

Last edited:

jhanby

The AD700's have two problems in your case, not that much bass (it is there, but its more controlled than earth shattering) and the lack of isolation.

You can hear pretty much the same thing next to the phones as with them on your head !

I'd look at the A700, which is a closed version of the AD700. You would need to buy a mic.

Aynjell

The AD700's have two problems in your case, not that much bass (it is there, but its more controlled than earth shattering) and the lack of isolation.

You can hear pretty much the same thing next to the phones as with them on your head !

I'd look at the A700, which is a closed version of the AD700. You would need to buy a mic.

I agree with this idea, supposedly the A700 has more bass, and is more private. I'd reccomend grado's because they're fun to game with... but they're also open.

They're probably the best in your price range. They're simply phenomenal at their price. (my experience with the AD700 is all I can work off of)

Maxvla

I'd recommend an AT, but not the AD700/A700. Go with the M50, they are a bit over budget, but not too badly. $129 on Amazon.

If you want bass you'll appreciate going to the M50:

graphCompare.php