• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for a Mushkin Rep

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

infinitevalence

All right guys this one is going to be hard. I have 1gb of Redline PC3200 (2x512) This stuff was happy for a while at 260, now i cant even get the system to post with both sticks in there. Here is where things get weird. I am able to post with either stick, one of which does 265, the other does 275 both with the same exact settings. The second i put both sticks in i get the evil beep telling me there is either no ram or bad ram. I also have 1gb of Kingston HyperX (BH-5) if i put this memory in using the exact same settings as the Redline the system will post. I should note that i get the no post with both sticks of Redline at 200mhz. Any suggestions are more than welcome because my BH-5 does not clock as well as my Redline does :(

6-23, 3800+, Redline (UTT)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last Updated:December 10th 2005
Motherboard: Lanparty Ultra-D
Bios:6-32
CPU: 3800+ Manchester
VC: Sapphire X800GTO² (16p 540c 600m)
Ram: Mushkin Redline UTT Slots #2,#4

DRAM Timings:
Ram Multi 200 1:1
CPC ENABLED
Tcl 2
Trcd 3
Tras 5
Trp 02
Trc 7
Trfc 16
Trrd 3
Twr 2
Twtr 1
Trwt 03
Tref 1563 (200MHz 15.6us)
Twcl 01
Bank Inter EN
Dynamic Skew Control Auto (ON)
Skew Value
DRAM Drive Strength 08
DRAM Data Drive Strength 03
Max Async 7ns
Read Preamble 4.5ns
Idle Cycle 16
Dynamic Counter DIS
R/W Que Bypass 16X
Bypass MAx 7X
32 Bit Gran DIS

Voltages etc:

HTT 260 (200 at boot)
LDT X4
Cpu Multi X10
PCE-I 101
Vcore Startup 1.425
Vcore 1.450
Vcore Special 110%
LDT V 1.4
Chipset V 1.8
Vdimm 3.67

crimedog

boy do i not miss dfi :p

sorry had to throw that out there, there's at least 3 mushkin reps here i'm sure they'll get you an rma right quick

OP
infinitevalence

infinitevalence

dont worry im entertaining the same thoughts :) the only thing that keeps me with DFI and recomending it is that when you get it right, the damn thing is rock solid and performes like a bad ***!! If i was willing to settle for less i could stable im sure, but why when i know my memory does 265 should i eccept anything less :)

Meathead

I had the same problem and I ended up with mushkins 2 gig redline kit. DFI told me to shove it. ;/ I hope all works out for you. I had my sticks at 250 and then all of a sudden they just stopped working or would randomly boot or not boot.

Duonger

Mushkin Guy
I will ask Brian to comment on your timing.

Or you can call in and talk to one of our techs. 800-569-1868

Duonger

JNav89GT

Registered

DRAM Timings:
CPC ENABLED
Tcl 2
Trcd 3
Tras 6
Trp 02
Trc 7
Trfc 15
Trrd 3
Twr 2
Twtr 1
Trwt 03
Tref auto
Twcl 01
Bank Inter EN
Skew Value 255
DRAM Drive Strength 07
DRAM Data Drive Strength 01
Max Async 7ns
Read Preamble 5ns
Idle Cycle 16
Dynamic Counter DIS
R/W Que Bypass 16X
Bypass MAx 7X
32 Bit Gran DIS

Voltages etc:
HTT 260 (200 at boot)
LDT X4
Cpu Multi X10
PCE-I 101
Vcore Startup 1.425
Vcore 1.450
Vcore Special 110%
LDT V 1.4
Chipset V 1.6 is plenty
Vdimm 3.67(your running big risk of kiling that ram, and it's only rated to normal voltages in the 3200 line)

Those are what I'd use. That said, I'm pretty much fed up with UTT on DFI, like u said when it works it's awesome, but cold boot issues are not good, especially if you want to use your PC for other than benching

OP
infinitevalence

infinitevalence

Eldonko said:
When you say one does 265 and one 275, what stability tests are you using? Are both sticks memtest clean?

Yes both are memtest clean

Meathead said:
I had the same problem and I ended up with mushkins 2 gig redline kit. DFI told me to shove it. ;/ I hope all works out for you. I had my sticks at 250 and then all of a sudden they just stopped working or would randomly boot or not boot.

/me looks at rank :) well they had better not because it could be very very bad for biz, when I write an article saying buy DFI their stock jumps and they sell motherboards. When i wite an article saying that they tell their customers to take their motherboard and shove it up thier ***... well some one gets fired.

Duonger said:
I will ask Brian to comment on your timing.
Or you can call in and talk to one of our techs. 800-569-1868
Duonger

Thank you, and thank you some more :) I honestly dont quite know where to look for the issue at this point because the motherboard works, it works with the exact same settings using different memory. So that would seem to suggest that the motherboard is ok. On the same level both sticks work individualy using these settings, and have in the past worked in dual channel. So the memory would seem to be working just fine too.

JNav89GT said:
Those are what I'd use. That said, I'm pretty much fed up with UTT on DFI, like u said when it works it's awesome, but cold boot issues are not good, especially if you want to use your PC for other than benching

Im getting there, i have had more problems recently then ever before, when this stuff is kicking man is it kicking, i got 7000's in sandra and every thing was like butter. What im thinking now is maybe get another Ultra-D and test side by side using the exact same hardware. Also as far as voltage goes, i have mad cooling on it, 3 80mm fans cooling the Ram, 5v jumper and FETT, as well as the board voltage regulators. That and since is winter i keep my apartment ~ 25c or less :)

Ad Rock

infinitevalence said:
/me looks at rank :) well they had better not because it could be very very bad for biz, when I write an article saying buy DFI their stock jumps and they sell motherboards. When i wite an article saying that they tell their customers to take their motherboard and shove it up thier ***... well some one gets fired.

lol I hope your not being serious, are you? I mean review sites can sway some people in their decisions to buy hardware or not, but it will never effect a company that drastically. It is that attitude that leads to a bias on reviews as well as the reviewers ego gets in the way.

But I am sure you were just joking around right?

OP
infinitevalence

infinitevalence

I am to a point, i dont play around with the power reviewer have, but when i dont hide the fact that im a reviewer and they still give me bad customer support, what does that mean for you. How can i honestly say buy DFI, not every one has the advantage of having the big brass in a companies ear, if something goes wrong with your board and you take it to them and they say your screwed???? what do you do... My job is to help you get the best quality product, from the best company so you get the most value from what you buy and have the best experience you can.

If DFI does not support their customers I dont care how good their product is I will not support it, and I will make it very clear that until they change their policy on handeling customers that people should not buy their products.

http://www.legitreviews.com/article/183/1/

I have done it in the past and im not worried about the law suits :)

Ad Rock

infinitevalence said:
I am to a point, i dont play around with the power reviewer have, but when i dont hide the fact that im a reviewer and they still give me bad customer support, what does that mean for you. How can i honestly say buy DFI, not every one has the advantage of having the big brass in a companies ear, if something goes wrong with your board and you take it to them and they say your screwed???? what do you do... My job is to help you get the best quality product, from the best company so you get the most value from what you buy and have the best experience you can.

If DFI does not support their customers I dont care how good their product is I will not support it, and I will make it very clear that until they change their policy on handeling customers that people should not buy their products.

http://www.legitreviews.com/article/183/1/

I have done it in the past and im not worried about the law suits :)

No fair enough, and I appreciate what you do for the community. It is nice to have public sites that will keep a manufacturer honest for the most part. I guess it just seemed like you were claiming you had the power to crumble DFI if you wanted to, and I had a problem with that.

Just keep those companies and yourself honest and everything will be great :D.

OP
infinitevalence

infinitevalence

The last thing i want to do is that trust me, so far i have been a big advocate for DFI, and i still am even through my problems. the worst that is likly to ever happen is i just discontiue my public support, i doubt it would ever come to me haveing to do a editorial.

tdamocles

infinitevalence said:
All right guys this one is going to be hard. I have 1gb of Redline PC3200 (2x512) This stuff was happy for a while at 260, now i cant even get the system to post with both sticks in there. Here is where things get weird. I am able to post with either stick, one of which does 265, the other does 275 both with the same exact settings. The second i put both sticks in i get the evil beep telling me there is either no ram or bad ram. I also have 1gb of Kingston HyperX (BH-5) if i put this memory in using the exact same settings as the Redline the system will post. I should note that i get the no post with both sticks of Redline at 200mhz. Any suggestions are more than welcome because my BH-5 does not clock as well as my Redline does :(

DRAM Timings:
CPC ENABLED
Tcl 2
Trcd 3
Tras 5
Trp 02
Trc 7
Trfc 16
Trrd 3
Twr 2
Twtr 1
Trwt 03
Twcl 01
Bank Inter EN
Skew Value
DRAM Drive Strength 08
Max Async 7ns
Read Preamble 4.5ns
Idle Cycle 16
Dynamic Counter DIS
R/W Que Bypass 16X
Bypass MAx 7X
32 Bit Gran DIS

Voltages etc:

HTT 260 (200 at boot)
LDT X4
Cpu Multi X10
PCE-I 101
Vcore Startup 1.425
Vcore 1.450
Vcore Special 110%
LDT V 1.4
Chipset V 1.8
Vdimm 3.67

Same thing just happened to me with redline 3200. Both sticks did 265mhz. The comp can only boot with one now. Since I am not the original purchaser, I now have a nice paperweight or necklace.....lol

Tom

tdamocles

infinitevalence said:

DRAM Timings:
CPC ENABLED
Tcl 2
Trcd 3
Tras 5
Trp 02
Trc 7
Trfc 16
Trrd 3
Twr 2
Twtr 1
Trwt 03
Twcl 01
Bank Inter EN
Skew Value
DRAM Drive Strength 08
Max Async 7ns
Read Preamble 4.5ns
Idle Cycle 16
Dynamic Counter DIS
R/W Que Bypass 16X
Bypass MAx 7X
32 Bit Gran DIS

Voltages etc:

HTT 260 (200 at boot)
LDT X4
Cpu Multi X10
PCE-I 101
Vcore Startup 1.425
Vcore 1.450
Vcore Special 110%
LDT V 1.4
Chipset V 1.8
Vdimm 3.67

Are you sure the sticks aren't on their last legs? The one stick that failed for me intermittently worked..until I tried my backup sticks(hyperx) which told me the mushkins were faulty. Use a divider and forget about it...

Webzta

infinitevalence said:
Awsome! great support RGone, i think DFI should take a hint from your name and make sure you-R-Gone!

Maybe R-Gone's statement was pretty blunt, but there does seem to be no logical reason for your current problem - Mushkin will more than happily replace your ram, maybe that's the best thing to try next?

OP
infinitevalence

infinitevalence

tdamocles said:
Are you sure the sticks aren't on their last legs? The one stick that failed for me intermittently worked..until I tried my backup sticks(hyperx) which told me the mushkins were faulty. Use a divider and forget about it...

These sticks are less than 2mths old, so thats unlikly plus both are 100% stable independent of eachother, and were for the 2mths i used them untill now 100% stable together in dual channel. The reaons i dont want to use a divider is because i paid good $$ for both my motherboard and my memory, and i only get about 6600 in Sandra on my BH-5 where as i get 7200 using my Redline.

Webzta said:
Maybe R-Gone's statement was pretty blunt, but there does seem to be no logical reason for your current problem - Mushkin will more than happily replace your ram, maybe that's the best thing to try next?

If i have to replace it i will, but i dont see how thats going to happen as both sticks work. I dont see how they used to work in dual channel, and then stoped, but still work in singel channel. Same goes for the board, both sticks work if i only put one in or i can run dual channel with my other memory? So the board is still stable and working.