• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for advice...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lord09

Hello all,

Currently I have a GF3 and plan to upgrade my entire system. What does everyone think is the best card for 200-250 max, with lower being preferable.

It seems that the 9500 pro/non-pro seem like good cards and they're cheap too. I've read some recommendations for the pro version and others for the non-pro? What exactly are the differences? Otherthan speed, is there any other difference between the 9500 and the 9700 ( 9800 too? ).

I don't plan to do any crazy over-clocking, just whatever I can achieve with some a software mod and the stock cooling. What kind of performance could I expect?

Thanks all,

Dan

Supertrucker

Way Too Jealous Member
in that price range i would look at the 9700 non pro, it would provide the best performance for less than 250... the only difference between it and the pro is clock speed, flash the bios and overclock away