• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for feedback on future build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You can get an idea... but to settle on parts now and buy months down the road wont get you the best deals... so good thread to get an idea, bad thread for specifics so far out. :)

I completely understand what you're saying here, but I'll probably get the same exact parts whether there are rebates or not tbh. :D

I know prices change quite frequently, but I don't think they will change enough to completely change my build. If anything, I might wait to see what deals come out on cyber Monday and buy things then. We will see though.

I just wanted to make sure the parts I was getting would be sufficient for the purpose of the PC. Which is mostly FPS gaming and graphic/web design (particularly handling adobe programs).

I have been doing some research and have made some slight tweaks based off of suggestions here.

I will update the parts list after a little more research.

Thanks again guys!

- vEx

So here is the updated build after a bunch of research on different components. I am going to be over budget with this build, but not by much. Considering the great pieces here, I might not mind going a little over budget if it's worth it.

Case
Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced Blue Edition - High Air Flow Full Tower Computer Case with USB 3.0 and All-Black Interior
$129.99
$30.00 Mail-in Rebate Card

Mobo
ASRock X99 Extreme4 LGA 2011-v3 Intel X99 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
$240.99
$35.00 Mail-in Rebate

CPU
Intel Core i7-5820k 3.3 GHz LGA 2011 V3 Tray Proce
$299.99 - Microcenter

CPU COOLER
Phanteks PH-TC14PE_BL 140mm UFB (Updraft Floating Balance) CPU Cooler
$74.99
$15.00 Mail-in Rebate

GPU
EVGA 04G-2974-KR GeForce GTX 970 Superclocked 4GB 256-Bit GDDR5 ACX 2.0 PCI Express 3.0
$349.99

Power Supply
CORSAIR HX Series HX850 850W ATX12V 2.3 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI CrossFire 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply
$139.99
$30.00 rebate

RAM
G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2133 (PC4-17000) Desktop Memory Model F4-2133C15Q-16GRK
$269.99

SSD
Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-7TE250BW)
$119.99 = Amazon

CD/DVD Drive
LG- Internal 24x Super Multi Bare DVD Rewriter, SATA, model GH24NSC0 - OEM
$17.99

Total: $1643.91 (before Taxes & Shipping, without rebates)
Total w/rebates: $1533.91 (before taxes & shipping)

Let me know what you guys think!
Thanks
- vEx

Question for you guys about my build.

I know this is a highly debated topic, and ive done a ton of research with mixed reviews, but would the phanteks cpu cooler be ok for overclocking the 5820k? Or should I go with a corsair liquid cooler?

I will most likely only be hitting 4.2 or 4.4 for daily use. I am not looking to go above that for daily use, and I dont see any reason ill need to push it above that.

I have been reading a ton of mixed reviews about both liquid and fan cooling for overclocking, so I wanted to come to you guys to see what you thought.

I have decided I am going to buy everything during black friday/cyber monday. I want to wait to see if I can catch some deals on some parts during that time. I have enough money right now, and it's a big pain to wait but it might be worth it in the end.

Thanks guys!
- vEx

Back