• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for Socket Clamps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SavageHenry

Registered
I'm looking to build my own waterblock. I'd like to use a clamping mechanism that locks onto the socket lugs instead of mothrboard holes since they seem to be going away . . .

My question: Does anybody know where I can buy an off-the-shelf socket clamp? So far, the only one I've been able to find is on Swiftech's site. It's a great clamp, and I'll probably end up buying a set, but I was just wondering if there were any other options I should consider first.

There's two 6 lug holdowns with a center screw here. Looks to be an easy to install one too. Just locate the screw centered over the core, this nearly eliminates core chipping.

You can buy these;

MCXC372.gif

3tclip.gif

They are available from SWIFTECH for $5.00 + Shipping. Just need to use some springs with them.

I found 'em when looking for a slot a block to answer another thread's question. When I start to work on my new system, I'm gonna go without the 4 hole holddown so it'll have some future proofing like SavageHenry was talking about.

Though those Swifty ones will work nicely with a Gemini, which is what I'm really interested in doing...Thanks Sonny!

I am using the becooling ones Diggrr linked to. It seems well made and it does hold just over the core. The only thing I didn’t know was how tight was tight with this one. I screwed it down until the water block barely has any movement side to side. I mostly didn’t want to make it so tight it broke off a socket tab. Any how it is doing the job very well for me. Also, it is very light weight that is a plus in my book.

Back