• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

looking for some help :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mikael28

can anyone please help me make a no microcode bios for the latest maximus xii extreme bios im really a noob at things like this and i would want anyhelp i can get by anyone or if u are even nicer u can mabye make one for me but i dont ask u to do that for me i just ask u to help me understand how to make one thanks for your time and the time u spent reading :):D:D:D

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
What exactly is a no microcode BIOS (one that doesn't have specific CPU support? What is your goal with such a BIOS (maybe it can be accomplished in other means)?

OP
M

mikael28

i heard that older microcodes are better then the new ones thats what i meant sorry so i was just woundering how i could make a older microcode for my bios

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
...better how? I'm not understanding what you are trying to achieve here. Better......overclocking? Better.......older CPU support? I don't think you're going to get out of it what you think, especially if you're not using sub-ambiebnt cooling methods.

What hurdle are you stuck on and want to get over with this new BIOS?

Woomack

Benching Team Leader
Older microcodes are sometimes better for older processors when the platform uses a couple of different generations of processors. However, in most cases, they're not better and the new BIOS includes patches for various things. In short, in 99% of cases, there is no reason to stay with old BIOS as it almost always works worse than one of the latest releases (not always the latest is the best).