• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking forward to new chips from AMD and Intel

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trents

Hoping it will stimulate activity on this forum. Seems to have slowed down to a crawl.

I looking for them too.

Maybe next summer i will buy a low end CPU from AMD if i will have spare money.

Looking forward too, although I'm trying to temper that in that I have more systems at home than places to put them! Plus, as it warms up in spring they'll be going off again.

Kaby Lake I could pass on, but Zen will be new for everyone. I might have to get one to test things I'm interested in, which will not be in the mainstream reviews. Maybe I should think about retiring my slower Haswell systems...

I saw a link on my Facebook page today for a livestream about the new AMD Zen CPUs, I have used Intel for years but I am very interested to see what they come up with. Especially if they are focused on gamers and have competitive pricing and faster CPUs. I have been thinking about turning my gaming machine into a media server and doing a new gaming build.

Link if anyone is interested: http://www.amd.com/en-us/innovations/new-horizon

I really hope AMD succeeds with kicking Intel's butt back down to Earth once Zen launches. With new competition in the CPU market (hopefully!) and some reported tough competition in video cards with reports that AMD's new Vega will trade punches with top-end Pascal cards, even better deals on 4K TVs around Super Bowl time and beyond, a brand new nVidia-powered Nintendo console, and a new Xbox coming in the fall, 2017 is gearing up to be a real exciting year in computing technology and gaming!

Ive been wanting to upgrade my PC for a while, but I want to go big. Im a little bit of an AMD fanboy so I am really rooting for AMD to knock it out of the park in january.

Back