• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking good and even gooder than before.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

don256us

Uber Folding Senior
1st! dfonda has earned 9 BILLION POINTS!!!!! Nine billion in case numbers don't work and words are all you see. Nine 9 nine. BILLION! WOOT!

BugFreak72 has 500 million.
Raymond Abbott has 300 million.
JH has his first 100 million and you all know how I feel about firsts. I love 'em.

It's also of great note that we do not have ANY teams chasing us for our #10 spot in the world. We are chasing other teams to regain our glory but no one is chasing us. This is in part because of the top 3 earning over 30 million ppd and our #4 over 26 million. These guys carry a large amount of our team on the world rankings but it is a team effort that got us here.

On a personal note, I've earned my first ever 9 million ppd. Now on the weekends, my main rig is gaming which reduces my ppd but I did get an honost 9 million for a day.

What personal achievements have you reached in the relative recent past or are about to reach?

OP
don256us

don256us

Uber Folding Senior
dfonda, you get a pass as you did just earn 9 billion but what about the rest. What recent folding goal, milestone have you reached. Maybe the number of days in the fold. What about a personal best even if you only hit it once and that was a month ago. Please tell us. We want to know. Enquirering minds want to know. Maybe not mind(s) mut just mind? Come on guys. You did something that hadn't been done by you before. What was it?

OP
don256us

don256us

Uber Folding Senior
I'm pushing team Top 5. Can't recall the last time that happened... if ever. Folding is a marathon, not a sprint. I do sprints for my day job. :D
That's a good 5th place for ppd. A solid 1 mill between you and #6. I'm fighting hard to get about 2 mill less than you. Fold on! :)

harlam357

Senior Fold-a-holic
That's a good 5th place for ppd. A solid 1 mill between you and #6. I'm fighting hard to get about 2 mill less than you. Fold on! :)

Thank don! I've been "stealing" the GTX 1660 and RTX 2060 cards, that I put in my kids rigs, during the school days. They're giving me a little bump. I only get 1-2 WUs out of them a day. That will cease when summer rolls around due to heat and the fact that I don't want to fight my kids for Folding time on their machines.

My son is running a Ryzen 3600 / 16GB RAM / 1TB NVMe / RTX 2060. Not a bad rig for a 15 year old kid.

dfonda

Senior Golfer
Thank don! I've been "stealing" the GTX 1660 and RTX 2060 cards, that I put in my kids rigs, during the school days. They're giving me a little bump. I only get 1-2 WUs out of them a day. That will cease when summer rolls around due to heat and the fact that I don't want to fight my kids for Folding time on their machines.

My son is running a Ryzen 3600 / 16GB RAM / 1TB NVMe / RTX 2060. Not a bad rig for a 15 year old kid.
When I was 15 we had to get out of a chair and walk to the TV to change channels(6 stations)..A rotary phone was still used for phone calls and a Texas instruments calculator was the most advanced thing in the house....

Pong was being played on a borrowed Atari.

Memories....

Last edited:

ihrsetrdr

Señor Senior Member
When I was 15 we had to get out of a chair and walk to the TV to change channels(6 stations)..A rotary phone was still used for phone calls and a Texas instruments calculator was the most advanced thing in the house....

Pong was being played on a borrowed Atari.

Memories....
...I'll never forget the day(early 90s) when I decided to turn in the rotary phone that we'd been paying $1/mo. rent on since the '70s, and go a push button phone from PhoneMart for $18. Had a clear case, and fluorescent colored cable sheathing, and a long curly handset cord the kids could twirl, while watching Family Matters and talking to their friends. :LOL:

WhitehawkEQ

Premium Member
You young whipper snappers, why in my day, to make a phone call, we used 2 cans and some string :rofl:

OP
don256us

don256us

Uber Folding Senior
Good thing they invented copy and paste....If you had to type that out there would be 50 versions of your name.... :D ;)
I like to read it as my voice in the normal font and another stern cold voice saying my name part. Like my name was dubbed in after the fact. Makes it funny to me that way.

dfonda

Senior Golfer
Lol, I knew if I publicly bragged that this achievement would evaporate...apparently bmwbaxter saw this and ramped up the folding power. Here we go...
I see a future where Don with the 100 character name becomes Team I horstrader...:cool: