• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking to start back Folding Again

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

I thank you tremendously for this link and info :)
I have both cards that you have shown being installed.
Can I run both cards in the same system???

In the link you mentioned that the GTX-760 needed driver - 304
In the link you removed the GTX-760 and Uninstalled the drivers. You installed a GTX-970 and then installed the driver - 346
Is it just that with the new driver the GTX-760 will have a lower PPD????

I have seen HFM work with my Windows 2008 R2 Server, Windows Vista, and Windows 7.
Does it also work with Ubuntu???
Will it also talk to the HFM on my Windows Computer???

you can run both cards at the same time and on the same driver to boot!!!!!
you can even add in amd cards and install those drivers and run them all at the same time.
I had no plan to run the 760 at all, I just knew that the 760 would work with that driver on that version of ubuntu.
the whole idea was to run only the 970 as the ppd/watt was better.

Last edited:
now, in ubuntu software center you can install nvidia control panel from there.
you still need to follow the links later in the thread to install coolbits for fan control and overclocking.
the nvidia driver is in other drivers and will install itself, we can show you how when you get to that point.

I have seen HFM work with my Windows 2008 R2 Server, Windows Vista, and Windows 7.
Does it also work with Ubuntu???
Will it also talk to the HFM on my Windows Computer???

To my knowledge there is no Linux version of HFM, what you do is when setting up a V7 client in HFM, make sure you put the IP of your Linux machine.

hfmv7config.jpg

Also you will need to setup the folding client for remote access and add the IP of the Windows PC that has HFM on it.

V7-config.JPG
Ignore the /32

When I left I was using a 990FX motherboard. It could have been the drivers, the motherboard, or Windows Vista but I could only run 4 cards. I had all 4 cards plugged into x16 powered risers. This broke the connection down to 4x @ x8 PCIe 2.0 .
Are we still limited to 4 cards if we run @ x8/x16???
You can run more than 4 cards if you are willing to drop to x4 speed??? I have tried different x1 types and they all end up dropping/crashing the card.
Is the current trend, to run 4 cards @ PCIe 3.0 speeds????

Have YOU guys seen these cards out of China and Hong Kong???
For the price, are these cards real. What have they done to make the cards so cheap????

https://www.ebay.com/itm/GTX-1050-7...hash=item1edcf064a3:m:m2QBChW9frtwLtY1CzqxBAQ

Jeff @ Craft computing on youtube bought a "960" for $43, it booted but had issues in games. He took it apart and found a GF118 gpu underneath and only 1GB of the reported 4GB of Vram. Although the BIOS was programmed to report a 4GB GTX 960 he actually had a 1Gb GTS450. I would avoid like the plague.

Put it another way. IF they were real, at that price the miners would have bought them all!

Jeff @ Craft computing on youtube bought a "960" for $43, it booted but had issues in games. He took it apart and found a GF118 gpu underneath and only 1GB of the reported 4GB of Vram. Although the BIOS was programmed to report a 4GB GTX 960 he actually had a 1Gb GTS450. I would avoid like the plague.

Put it another way. IF they were real, at that price the miners would have bought them all!

Hey, I have real GTS 450's still in use :rofl: takes forever to do a core 21 GPU WU :)

I just wanted to mention :
I was only able to get 2 of my x4 slots to work. That's PCIe 2.0 x4
I was doing WU 3414 & 3415 with a fold time of 2m 20sec. I was getting a PPD of 150K for both of my cards :(

I have 2 cards (R9-290x) and only the 2nd one wants to fold. It's plug into a PCIe 2.0 x8 slot.
It's working on WU 13783 with a fold time of 1m 26s. I'm getting a PPD of 226435 with only 1 card folding :)

Back