• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lose performance when using Geforce Tweak Utility...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Despotes

I tested out the GTU using 3dMark2001 and I used "fast" and many variations of the settings, but somehow I'm losing performance. I get a reduction in score of about 15 points. Any idea what would cause this??

Asus A7M266/1.2Ghz/Via 4.32/AMD AGP
Elsa Gladiac Geforce2 GTS/10.80
256mg Crucial 2100 DDR
Western Digital 20.5/7200
S.B. live! 5.1 Platinum/CambridgeDTT3500
Win 98SE

15 points is nothing in 3dmark I dont know how they designed that program but its not consistent. Reboot your computer and you will probably go back up. I would also recommend using nvmax instead

True, it isn´t very consistent.
I can overclock my M64 from 125/140 to 175/175 and still I score 1 point lower on the benchmark. On games, however, the results are visible.

My scores remain within 4 points, consistently. Using GTU with coolbits, consistently, reduces my score by about 15 points. Of course, I reboot each time I test. :rolleyes:

Update: CORRECTION. When using GTU I lose about 200 points!! When I return to the preGTU state, everything is kosher. ??????

Back