• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Love Cat 3.4 Drivers Broke 6000

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zabomb4163

ati did a good job.

so......does it fuzz up the pictures to get a better score like another company, that will remain unmentioned? (lol)

12si

Finally finished my 11.2mb combo of cats3.4 and the CP. Gonna install 'em after posting this msg. Wish me luck :D

bill

:confused: I got about the same results as you in 3DMark03 but took a major hit in 01 . Im using cat 3.1 & my score in 01 is 15910 , cat 3.2 dropped my 01 down a little but brought 03 up about the same , 3.4 dropped my 01 score down to 13638:mad: I checked all my settings but nothing was off:bang head :-/ :beer: Anyone else have this happen? I was hoping to bring both up ,o-well thats life!

PreservedSwine

bill said:
:confused: I got about the same results as you in 3DMark03 but took a major hit in 01 . Im using cat 3.1 & my score in 01 is 15910 , cat 3.2 dropped my 01 down a little but brought 03 up about the same , 3.4 dropped my 01 score down to 13638:mad: I checked all my settings but nothing was off:bang head :-/ :beer: Anyone else have this happen? I was hoping to bring both up ,o-well thats life!

No, I got a negigle increase in 3dm01 as well, +one hundred points

Evnas

bill said:
I hear omegas are better for gaming then benchmarking ?

stability and image quality are his forte. When you increase the image quality, that usually lowers performance by a little

pip

Evnas said:

stability and image quality are his forte. When you increase the image quality, that usually lowers performance by a little

except the 3.2s which were quite an improvement over th ATI drivers for both gaming and benching

Evnas

Tw00sh said:
Can I just upgrade from 3.2 omegas to these new ones, or do I have to re-install?

Its always best to uninstall any previous drivers before installing new ones.

1) Unintstall old drivers
2) Reboot
3) Install new drivers
4) Reboot
5) Enjoy!

Follow those steps and you can avoid a lot of problems

12si

Ok...i still failed to crack the 4k mark... Only got 39** from an initial 3639... But i guess a little o/c will fix that
But hey shader speeds reported in 3d01 improved tremendously. My nature fps jumped from 5* to 71