• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Love Walmart :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

repilce

Was shopping around in wall-mart today and stumbled upon this..

algecide.jpg

and thought.. hmmm.. keep my h20 system clean.. it was only like 2 bucks or something, and 1 CAP full :eek: treat's a gallon so i used a surenge to mesure a cap full.. my system ended up only needing like 1/2 CC to treat it. :D

also here's the closeup of the ingredients.
chemicals.jpg

this stuff gave a wierd reaction with my UV dye i guess when i first put it in my tee.. since all the air was out of my system already it wasn't pulling it down into the flow real well so i hooked up a 7/64 clear hose to my surenge and sucked it up from my tee and injected it into the flow.. after it got that dilluted you coudn't even see a wierd color like their was with it just sitting in the tee.

But now hopfully my system will be nice and alge free for a long time :D

Hope you don't have any aluminium in your system.

Chloride ions will destroy the natural oxide layer that aluminum develops, exposing bare aluminum that will soon develop another oxide layer to be destroyed once again by the chloride ions. See the pattern.

Same reason salt water is so corrosive.

Same thing happens to copper to at a much slower rate.

well the only thing aluminum is the top of my Waterblock, so swifty says, it's anodized thoug, .. i'm really not to worried about it since it's like 5 percent of what's in the 1/2 CC that i mixed with nearly a HALF Gallon of water..

Plus the silicates in my corrosioin inhibitors should help that :D

LOl i just rememberd not only am i a watercooler now, but a outlaw one,, lol it says right on that lable of this stuff that it's a FEDRAL, oh yes it says FEDERAL offensece to use this stuff as not specified.. :rolleyes: WT*?

if u already have corrosion inhibitor (waterwetter/coolant, my guess) then why do u need that stuff?? those shouldn't allow anything to grow inside your system..

Annodizing is just a thicker than a naturaly occuring oxide layer. Those chloride ions have nothing better to do than destroy it. It may not happen as fast, but it will happen. Even with anti-corrosion additives.

If you don't any acrylic in your system, your safest most effective additive to kill biological nasties is methyl alchohol.

repilce said:
LOl i just rememberd not only am i a watercooler now, but a outlaw one,, lol it says right on that lable of this stuff that it's a FEDRAL, oh yes it says FEDERAL offensece to use this stuff as not specified.. :rolleyes: WT*?

lol, that just means don't sniff it, cook it up and inject yourself with it, or find any other way to get high from it.

repilce said:
well the only thing aluminum is the top of my Waterblock, so swifty says, it's anodized thoug, .. i'm really not to worried about it since it's like 5 percent of what's in the 1/2 CC that i mixed with nearly a HALF Gallon of water..

Plus the silicates in my corrosioin inhibitors should help that :D

Be very worried about corrosion....
PICT0001.JPG

PICT0003.JPG

sorry so blurry..new camera...anyweasys this was what happend in 4 months time...I was running winshield washer fluid, and UV water dye...BAD BAD!

Yeah, but they should be using some sort of corrosion inhibitor along with that. Just methyl alcohol and nothing else really doesn't do your system any favors.

I've used that Bateriostat for a long time and never had any troubles. There's no Al in my system though.

peace.
unloaded

Back