• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Low price 4.1 - 5.1 sound card?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gingo

I'm getting sick of onboard sound, I'm looking for a fairly good sound card for 4.1 or 5.1 speakers. 4.1 minimum. If I could find one for around $20 that would be great.

thanks

two_dope2000

i have a muse hercules XL in my secondary pc and it sounds really good, its 4.1 by the way. and it only set e back 30 bucks, and i sold two video games to EB for it, lol

OP
gingo

gingo

hmm, I'm considering buying it.

Any other suggestions?

OP
gingo

gingo

Thats what I was thinking, is the creative that much better than the hercules if I'm not going to use the 5.1 ?

snvpa

if you have computer shows in your area you can probably pick up an oem soundblaster live for 20 bucks. I've built a couple of pc's with em. They're good cards I like my abit au 10 better but thats just my opinion.

rlemieux

Cyber Deal King
My personal thought,

Creative is CRAP............

They make poor quality cards, have problematic drivers and have the absloute worst customer service in the WORLD.

On the other hand, I love my Hercules card. I have had no problems with it. Drives work exactly like they are supposed to, and when I have asked their CS questions, I actually get answers..... Thants a shock.....

MEAT BAG

I got a hercules game theater xp 6.1 after trying a audigy platnium. All i can saw is creative = crap. The hercules is the best soundcard i have ever had.

Tipycol

MEAT BAG said:
I got a hercules game theater xp 6.1 after trying a audigy platnium. All i can saw is creative = crap. The hercules is the best soundcard i have ever had.

But isn't that $100? A little more than his budget number.

Here's a thread I started, I was thinking about getting the SBLive, but now I'm not sure.

rlemieux

Cyber Deal King
Tipycol said:

But isn't that $100? A little more than his budget number.

I think he was just references the two companies. Not saying he should go out and get the GTXP, but just his opinions of the differnces between the two companies.

OP
gingo

gingo

I ended up ordering a Hercules Gamesurround Muse 5.1 from newegg for $30. :D

alpha_gamer

I have a Soundblaster Live! 5.1 card in my rig, I can't remember how much I paid for it but it was pretty cheap. Never had any problems with it, but don't play with the EAX settings, I spent a while screwing with them one night and the enforcer in UT ended up going "boing" when I fired. Thank God for default settings.