• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Low stock 3d mark score with decent system and 9800 pro... Help?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Amair_sc

Hello guys!

The title is pretty self explanatory, I am scoring 17184 3d marks in 2001se with the following configuration:

2.6c@3258 5:4 250/200 mem timing 2-2-2-5 (auto-auto-auto-dis-dis)
Abit IC7-MAX3 Bios: 1.3 from Abit
Video Card: 9800 pro Stock speed (figured I might as well make sure my stock speed is up to par before oc'ing)
Drivers: Catalyst 3.9

I am seeing a lot of people going into the 19k range at stock speed, needless to say this score is disapointing and I want to improve it!

Thanks for looking :) !

Cheers!

Those same folks scoring high in 3Dmark are tweaking the video settings to improve performance (which sacrifices quality).

Yeah, my 9800np in my rig below (see sig; P4 3.2ghz + 512mb ram) can pull about 19k -- but that's with the clockspeeds you see as well (425/385). At stock speeds, it pulls something like what you're seeing: mid/high 17k's.

If you are still concerned, I can go home tonight and rerun the tests and give you the exact numbers.

Back