• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lycoris Linux

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ToiletDuck

Well guys I tried Redhad and decided that it just wasn't for me. I'm looking for something that will help me move into linux and get started by allowing me to do linux stuff. Or just point and click when I can't figure it out. I've heard about Lycoris and looked into it a little and to me (the untrained eye) it seems to be a nice phase from windows to linux. Exactly what I'm looking for. I would like to know some of your views on it. have any of you tried it? Does it run games like they say it can? I'm a BIG quake3/urbanterror mod fan and I know that plays on Linux. however I like to play other games as well. i go to lans sometimes and we play a variety of games. Will they play as some of them have gloated? Also another thing is does lycoris still have the linux environment or is it like windows thru and thru? Can you load alternate GUI's like Xwindows with Window Maker and stuff like that? I would like to be able to start messing with all the different themes and such and customizing my box once I get the hang of Linux. Also one last thing. Might be stupid but the worst thing is not asking. Is there any training software for linux. Like a video you can play or whatever?
Duck:rolleyes: