• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

M Audio for gaming....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chan

Hey guys, I'm planning on getting the M-Audio Revolution. I'm wondering how will this card perform during gaming? Does the APU get hot enough that it'll need a HS?

Kato

Addicted Tweaker
No, the APU doesn't need any extra cooling, but actually, although the Revolution are excellent for music, if you are a gamer, I would go for the Audigy line. EAX sound much better with the Audigy, and like every other new card, the proper driver support is still lacking on the Evo, in some games like BF1942.

OP
C

Chan

I want the M-Audio for its sound quality, I do some gaming so I was wondering how it'd handle games.

Bon3thugz43v3r

My M-Audio sounds amazing in games. It really is a good card. The only thing I dont understand is (Im using 4.1) my 2 rear speakers are really weak now. I went from SBLIVE 5.1 to this M-Audio Revo 7.1 card. Thats the only downside ive had so far.. But the card doesnt conflict, its got good drivers, so many options, one word to describe this card, FLAWLESS.:)

Penguin4x4

Are you my Daddy?
The M-Audio is fine for everyday usage/moderate gaming. However, if you want the absolute best gaming sound card, the SB Audigy II is it. :)

Warren G

i have the revolution 7.1 with my z560 and it sounds awesome. my rear does sound a little weak but its no biggie. the only problem i have with it is when i play some newer games (i.e spy hunter, gun metal, etc..) the sound stutters or repeats itself and i have to change the option to gaming mode then back to sensura for it to work correctly. anyone else have this problem?

Masshole

Registered
Warren G said:
i have the revolution 7.1 with my z560 and it sounds awesome. my rear does sound a little weak but its no biggie. the only problem i have with it is when i play some newer games (i.e spy hunter, gun metal, etc..) the sound stutters or repeats itself and i have to change the option to gaming mode then back to sensura for it to work correctly. anyone else have this problem?

See that kind of crap shouldnt happen. IMHO.

Good luck.

KnowlesTech

I want to be a Beta Tester
I have seen three of those cards from machines I have built and they are good all around cards, only thing I can see is for Maximum gaming quality go for the Audigy II and if price is a problem go for the Audigy I GamerX. For the best Musical performance stay with your idea, it does game good enough unless your using 5.1 or 6.1.