• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

m5a97 le r2.0 ram issues at 2133

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

heyhey916

hello I bout 4 (4gb) viper patriot ram at 2133. I notice when I only put in three of the stick at 2133 it runs fine on my motherboard. where I run into trouble Is when I try put in all 4 stick at 2133 I run into trouble and usually get blue screen in windows 10. A workaround I did was to run all four ram at 1866 speed and it seems to work. But I really rather run all four stick at 2133, is there anything I can do, do I need to up the voltage in my ram. Also just for informational purposes I have overclocked my cpu not sure if that effects anything

Depending on what you changed for your overclock, it can affect everything. Set it all back to stock and see if 4 sticks work at rated speed then.

Probably needs more CPU_NB to run four DIMM's of 2133.

Please post your full system specs though, like you see in my sig.

fx 6300 overclocked to 4.3
gtx 970
psu sentey (mbp750 hs) 750 watt psu
1 tb hardrive + 120 gig ssd
corsair case
cpu cooling I have coolmaster master hyper 212 evo
ram: 16 gig (4 sticks at 2133)
motherboard: m5a97 LE R2.0

- - - Updated - - -

what number you thinking, manufacturing volt says 1.5 should I bump it up to like 1.55

hello I bout 4 (4gb) viper patriot ram at 2133. I notice when I only put in three of the stick at 2133 it runs fine on my motherboard. where I run into trouble Is when I try put in all 4 stick at 2133 I run into trouble and usually get blue screen in windows 10. A workaround I did was to run all four ram at 1866 speed and it seems to work. But I really rather run all four stick at 2133, is there anything I can do, do I need to up the voltage in my ram. Also just for informational purposes I have overclocked my cpu not sure if that effects anything

Because all AMDs since around 2005 have an IMC, it's a CPU limitation, IIRC.

Changing the motherboard is unlikely to do squat->It's not the FSB architecture we're dealing with.

(With AMD, have to go all the way back to socket 462. And with Intel, back to socket 775 for CPUs that don't have an IMC.)

Back