• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Machine Check Exception Error

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RollingThunder

Destroyer of Trolls & Spammers
I've been dealing with this message off and on for some time. System locks up needing a hard restart. It does not leave a typical BSOD, just a fuzzy blue screen and locked up tighter than a buss's a$$. I had never dealt with this error message previously or even heard of it.

Time to do something about it and I got lucky:

There were a few instances hinting at video problems so I updated nVidia video card drivers (883 MB) from original GTX 750ti (2015) and voila! Solved. I'm patting myself on the back now ................... :)

Mmmmmm......................keep an eye on it. Not typically a driver problem.
Scotty,

I certainly will watch this. Are you implying that it's usually more of a hardware issue? When I assembled this machine there were three bend pins in the upper left edge / corner of the board. I continued to put it all together anyway with no known issues. This Machine Check Exception started to appear after one of the larger Win 10 updates about 18 months ago.

Yes. Machine Check Exception is usually hardware related. Only time I ever get that is when I'm overstressing something. Usually CPU.

BTW, good to see you Dave. :)

Yes. Machine Check Exception is usually hardware related. Only time I ever get that is when I'm overstressing something. Usually CPU.

BTW, good to see you Dave. :)
Thank you Scotty........

Crap...............like an overclock or memory stix?
I ask because my W10 overclock is very mild but my RAM stix pass AIDA64 but sometimes fails Memtest64.

Update & FYI:

It's been about four months since updating my nVidia video card driver. The driver was the first one for this card and was never updated (8 years old).

I realize Scotty said not usually a software problem and in this case it's been trouble free since updating to the latest driver (~850MB). Perhaps the newest driver fixed a hardware issue with this card, I don't know that but the newest driver seems to have corrected the problem.

Back