• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PROJECT LOG MAD MAX / FURY ROAD TRIBUTE CUSTOM PC BUILD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MonsterMawd

fkHivoM.jpg

Welcome! Thanks for checking out my tribute to Mad Max & his Interceptor build log. This is one of my Bucket list theme PC builds. My mother brought me to the premiere of The Road Warrior movie and I've been fan of this world ever since. This will be a modified desktop PC with liquid cooling. Inspired by visual elements of Max's Interceptor and the Mad Max World. ...and maybe Fury Road. There shall be rust and maybe even a Detonator attached to the PC? (lol). I'll be sharing highlights of it's progression stages, including video clip links as I move along in this thread. I have a basic idea of what PC hardware components will occupy this mad max inspired PC (motherboard, CPU, DDR, GPU, SSD, PSU) The case is an Enermax Equlilence they donated to me last year. If you've followed my past personal builds, I like to find good deals on hardware whenever possible I do plan to fabricate the liquid cooling lines from 361 marine grade stainless tubing. No idea what brand of CPU & GPU water blocks, radiators and fittings I'll use yet.

Enermax-EQUILENCE-Silent-TG-Tempered-Glass-Case-Mad-Max-Mnpctech-One.jpg

enermax-Equilence-gaming-pc-computex-case-mod-mnpctech1.jpg

The case is the Enermax Equilence I was given. It sorta looks like a Fractal Case, but without any of the well thought out features.

enermax-Equilence-gaming-pc-computex-case-mod-mnpctech2.jpg

I apologize in advance if you're expecting me to pose a Mad Max action figure inside the case (haha). The Interceptor's V8 feels more appropriate. The scale Ford engine I'm using is by LIBERTY Classics, Liberty Classics High Quality Automotive Collectibles

enermax-Equilence-gaming-pc-computex-case-mod-mnpctech3.jpg

enermax-Equilence-gaming-pc-computex-case-mod-mnpctech5.jpg

I've added motorized shaft to spin the supercharger belt, you can watch it here,
enermax-Equilence-gaming-pc-computex-case-mod-mnpctech4.jpg

I've modified the supercharger pulleys with larger plates to keep the belt from rolling off.

enermax-Equilence-gaming-pc-computex-case-mod-mnpctech6.jpg

haha, thanks for checking in guys!

DbKrms_XcAIl4c-.jpg

If anyone's interested, my DIY guide on using hole saw to improve airflow in a plastic PC bezel,

I cut this opening in the Equilence bezel with a Jigsaw.

enermax-Equilence-case-mod-mnpctech.jpg

mod-mesh-grill-hex-sheets-cheap.jpg

mod-mesh-grill-enermax-Equilence-case-mnpctech.jpg

mesh-sheet-grill-hex-hexagon-honeycomb-air-vent-cooler-master-mod.jpg

Not sure I like the idea, but I was in the second I saw the Enermax case.

Looks nice so far. It would be cool if the would spin when the system was powered on.

427 Cammer? Mad Max? MonsterMawd/MNPCTech!?!?!? I'm so in you couldn't push me out!

the engine for the Interceptor was a modified and upgraded 351 Cleveland engine. So im guessing the model he is using is a 427?

the engine for the Interceptor was a modified and upgraded 351 Cleveland engine. So im guessing the model he is using is a 427?

427 SOHC. 6+feet of cam chain and somewhere north of 600 horsepower when your local Ford parts guy pointed at the crate and said "Your motor's here." :D

note: The original Ford 427 was actually 425 cid, but Mopar had the 426 and Chevy had the 427 (Z-11 409). Ford wasn't going to be the factory with the "little" engine, so they called it a 427. LOL

looks like its going to be a badass build!!! i was 14yo when i saw Road Warrior. i was hooked and so were all of my friends. i couldnt wait for the end of the world so i could be just like Max! hahaha. it would be saweet if you could find a small electric motor to run your engine off.

haha, I'm not done with the engine yet, but it does now have elec motor inside now, you can see belt action here,
It will look like max's 351 when it's finished.

Had opportunity to get back into the workshop yesterday and make some progress on my Mad Max / Road Warrior / Fury Road tribute PC build. I've decided to locate the V8 to the top panel. I'm going to mock up a 120mm slim radiator to see how it looks in front of the V8 engine and bezel. Hmm, on 2nd thought, maybe a 80mm radiator would be better scale? I still need to fabricate the proper diamond blower for the engine. The Enermax Equilence case lacks a vertical GPU mount, so I've modified the chassis for this compact ITX/MATX vertical GPU bracket, goo.gl/XGejK1 It's mounted on aluminum diamond plate, painted matte black. Here's a photo I found of the Falcon XB from the Fury Road movie before some stages I captured of my progress.

mad-max-fury-road-scale-falcon-XB.jpg

mad-max-pc-mod-scale-V8-engine-falcon-xb.jpg

milwaukee-jigsaw-review-2018.jpg

compact-vertical-video-card-pc-case-mount-bracket-diy-mnpctech-black.jpg

mad-max-pc-mod-vertical-gpu-video-card-mount-bracket-one.jpg

mad-max-pc-mod-vertical-gpu-video-card-mount-bracket-.jpg

mad-max-pc-mod-vertical-gpu-video-card-mount-bracket-two.jpg

Last edited:
make-vertical-gpu-mount-bracket-cheap.jpg

That's location for the GPU with this do-it-yourself vertical mount. The final GPU will have water block.

mad-max-ford-falcon-xb-rear-fuel-tanks.jpg

Next stage is modifying the top rear portion of the Enermax Equilence case to hold two water reservoirs to emulate the rear fuel tanks on the falcon XB.

To emulate the rear fuel tanks in Max's Ford Falcon XB, I'm using EK-RES X3 150mm reservoirs. btw, these photos are stills from video I'm making of the entire build, once it finished for my YT channel, https://www.youtube.com/user/MonsterMawd

I'm wondering if I can use clips from the movie without audio in my video? no clue...

enermax-waterblock-equilence-case-mod.jpg

enermax-Equilence-gaming-pc-computex-case-mod-mnpctech8.jpg

enermax-Equilence-gaming-pc-computex-case-mod-mnpctech7.jpg

Hey guys, Do you recall the Red pull switch on Max's stick shift for his Supercharger? I thought it would be fun to somehow implement it into my Mad Max tribute build. The switch is used in commercial vehicles for controlling a two-speed axle assembly. I found it on Ebay as Cole Hersee part number 50036-BX.

Mad-Max-supercharger-Cole-Hersee-switch-50036-BX.jpg

I really like this build. I was looking at the picture with your saw and it really took me a long time to figure out what I was looking at. At one point I thought that you had installed a spark plug mock-up. Once I realized what I was looking at, I thought it might be a neat idea to add a tiny strobe to simulate a spark or fire from the exhaust.

Just a thought.

Great idea! btw What do you use for cutting small holes? I made this guide for Step Drill Bits

I found Max's Falcon rim in web search attached Nikko Toyota HiLux 4WD R/C truck, but I'll check the R/C Hobby Stores

nikkotoyotahilux4wd014.jpg

Our scale V8 sitting next to Black ICE GTX 80mm radiator. This morning I found 36mm thick 80mm radiator online shown below. Suppose Flex tube loop would be appropriate.

best-80mm-pc-radiator-alphacool-black-ice.jpg

80mm-pc-water-cool-radiator-AIO-replace-fix.jpg

What the....!? an honest to goodness radiator in front of the engine! Now we're talkin'. This thing keeps gettin' better all the time.

Back