• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

made the upgrade

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Evilsizer

Senior Forum Spammer
I bit the bullet and got a GIGABYTE Radeon RX 6600 XT GAMING OC PRO , more then i wanted to pay upfront. I feel it has been long over due for a GPU, bought my 1060 6gb for $340 back in 2017. gonna put it up on the bay and see what it fetches to offset the cost as well as the 1030gt(see to go for about $100-$125). there was another 6600xt that popped up for $559 but i sat and waited to long cause i still mulled over the cost. it disappeared so i went back to look at the asrock card that was $619 at newegg. i still had the web page up from last night, i refreshed the page to see if that $559 card came up. it didn't but this GB card did, $579 i was ok with but still way more then i wanted to spend. just like everyone else GPU prices are so high right now and prolly for the next year or two. I really didn't want to wait any more so i got the card. i figure once i sell both of the video cards 1030/1060 6b, it should cost me about half or more then half for this 6600xt.

some might wonder why i went with this card. i looked over benchmarks for games i may play and some i want to play again. i don't look for avg fps numbers, imo they are meaningless. i focused on reviews showing the lowest fps they would do, i notice some do 1% or in one case .1%? the 6600xt is showing to be about double or a bit more in the lowest FPS it does. while i wanted a 3060 or even a 3060TI for about the same area improvement over my 1060. i couldn't just see spending that much more after looking into the amd card. even looking at CL near me the prices were a bit lower then ebay but still way more they should be. then buying from CL your taking a big risk, going to see someone with $700 to $900 cash if you pay that way.

Back