• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Magic Athlon Mobile 2600 ???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dragonprince

I have to ask, is this result common ? I just bought a Mobile 2600, its the I stepping. I forgot to write everything down but I believe its IQYHA 0352. Anyway I rip out the Mobile 2400 that I had running at 2.3 Ghz @ 1.75 v core and plug in the new chip thinking that the 2600 should work at lower voltage. So I start cranking it down by .05 a whack until she cries for mercy. Only thing is Im at 1.45v and the chip is still at 2.3Ghz....is this normal? I ran Aquamark3 just to make sure im not seeing things. Ran fine just like usual. With my case temp at 35c the chip is idling at 34c while I type this. Again is this normal for these chips? Because if it is ....I mean....well...Gawwdd Daammm! Sorry couldnt help that last bit... :bday:

desktop6.gif

Drec

wow...i bet it isnt prime95 stable...but either way getting it to boot at that vcore is amazing!!...that thing should be able to kick *** at 1.8v damn i bet you could get it to 3ghz with good cooling.

Cybrguy

Dragonprince said:
I have to ask, is this result common ? I just bought a Mobile 2600, its the I stepping. I forgot to write everything down but I believe its IQYHA 0352. Anyway I rip out the Mobile 2400 that I had running at 2.3 Ghz @ 1.75 v core and plug in the new chip thinking that the 2600 should work at lower voltage. So I start cranking it down by .05 a whack until she cries for mercy. Only thing is Im at 1.45v and the chip is still at 2.3Ghz....is this normal? I ran Aquamark3 just to make sure im not seeing things. Ran fine just like usual. With my case temp at 35c the chip is idling at 34c while I type this. Again is this normal for these chips? Because if it is ....I mean....well...Gawwdd Daammm! Sorry couldnt help that last bit... :bday: QUOTE]

I just received my Moblie 2600 from newegg (they rock on quick delivery) & it has the same stepping as you... can't wait to pull-out my 3000XP & do some serious ocing!!!! :burn:

OP
Dragonprince

Dragonprince

Well im at 12.5 x 200 so im done with multipliers on this board without a mod to unlock the higher multi's. 1.525v core @ 2.5Ghz...gonna have to start working the FSB,
apparently this is too much chip for this board...

desktop7.gif

OP
Dragonprince

Dragonprince

I have aThermaltake Tower 112. I doubt the SLK's give better results, but I will probably have to get a faster fan. Right now I have a slow and quiet fan, maybe 2000prm at most and Im still pulling 43c while running SETI so im pretty happy right now. My rig is very quiet so I might just stay at 2.5 Ghz for a while and enjoy the peace and quiet at 1.5v :D
Then again 2.7Ghz sounds very sweet and this chip should do it no problem...

Cybrguy

Here's an update... Out of the package this baby went 200 X 12 @ 1.6vcore w/ air cooling!!!! DAMN... this is a nice chip..

Cybrguy

I didn't have much time to fool around with it yesterday & didn't want to pump too much voltage into the chip until I knew it was ok... Just wanted to see how it looked w/ some conservative OC settings.... I'll start upping FSB, vcore & multiplier (slowly).