• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

major outlook problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

whitefire05

Registered
i have a major outlook problem. I had the beta of office 2k3 and then teh beta ran out, so i uninstalled it and reinstalled office 2k2(XP) which i own(legaly) outlook wont start now ive tried reinstalling and everything. here are the messages i recieve.

Unable to open your default e-mail folders. Could not open teh item. Try again.

so i click [OK]

then i get would you like to open file system folder instead [YES] [NO] if i click no program closes if i click yes i basicly get my computer nothing else. no options or services tags i cnat find anything.

whatever you can help me with would be great THANKS GUYS

turd

Depends if you want your old mail or not.? If not the first thing I would do is run a search for *.pst and delete all I find. Then restart Outlook and see what happens. Caution!!! deleting the .pst files will remove all of your previously stored mail folders. But looks like MS is not gonna let u have them anyways. The next step after the delete, if outlook wont open would be to uninstall and re-install Outlook 2K and hope that it will now create readable .pst files for u.

These are just the first thing i would try,( if i did not want my stored mail)

redduc900

Inactive Moderator
Try creating a new profile...Start | Control Panel | Mail | "Show Profiles" button | "Add" button | Name the profile, and then click OK | Click "Add a new e-mail account", and then click Next | Click a type of account, and then click Next | In the E-mail Accounts dialog box, enter the necessary information, and then click Next | Click Finish. If the "Always use this profile" option is selected, select the profile that you just created, and then click OK. :)