• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Major Sata problems!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bengan

I can't install Win XP on my sata disc.
It asks for drivers on a floppy, and I give it the drivers on a floppy. loads win install etc. and when it says "press enter to install XP" I press Enter and it says i dont have connected any HDs to the comp.
What can I do? it finds my HD when loading up win installment.
says Channel: 1 Maxtor 160 bla bla...
what can i do? PLEASE help me out dudes!

Not sure which mobo you are using but...are you sure you selected the proper configurations in the bios? Like, boot order, enhanced mode, ...have you enabled the "on chip device' or "on board device?" Which ever one you want to use ?

BTW, you better shorten your sig, or the mods will hack it off at the knees.;)

Im using Asus k8v for A64.
Hmm I havent configurated it with Enhanced mode etc.
It finds my HD in Win but cant access it... dunno what to do :(
tried diffrent cables and ports and everything man..

Oh, so i'm assuming you pushed F6 in the very begining of the instalation of XP right? After that it will load some stuff then ask you about that driver, you can push S to specify a driver or ENTER. You push S then it will ask for the driver floppy and then you show it which one. Are you sure you are using the right driver for it? I can't tell cuz you don't have your mobo listed.

Back