• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Make sure i dont blow my computer up please.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shadowlid

First off I want to make sure my temps are right. Im using cpuid is this a good program.
I have a 2.3ghz
I want to shoot it up to 2.5ghz then run the occt test. Do you think that this is a good or bad idea? Do you think i will have to change voltage or ram timing at this speed?

I have already bumped it up to 2.4 and its idling at a lower temp?? This does not make sense. At 22c instead of 24c?

Neuromancer

From 2.3 -2.5 you should not need to change much of anything. Drop the HTLink multi down one notch and check your memory speed. At 667 stock you are looking at 730 MHz after OC...
I doubt it will need anything at all, but vdimm might need a bump. It is possible vcore could need a bump for stability, but I think it wont. These new AMD chips OC very well :)

OP
S

Shadowlid

If it will handle it i would like to get it to 3.0ghz.

I know i will need to change some voltage then.

So i need to know how much to bump it up each time. Also this is what my bios looks like.

Cpu voltage = 0
Dimm voltage= 12
Sb clock spread spectrum = Disabled
Gfx Engine Clock override =Disabled
Dram Frequency = Auto
Dram timing mode = Auto
Dram command rate = Auto

What is the Sb clock spread thing and the GFX engine clock override?

P.S. The temp that you don't want to get to is 60c under load right.

QuietIce

Disabled
To make sure the BIOS doesn't go crazy on your RAM you should set the speed, timings, and voltage manually. Use CPU-Z's SPD tab to find the stock settings of your RAM for those values. You should set your DDR2-667 RAM to DDR2-533, which will keep it under stock speeds while you OC your CPU, but use the timings and voltage listed for DDR2-667.

vCore (CPU voltage) should also be set manually. Start at 1.35v and slowly increase your CPU speed, using Prime95 or OCCT for 10-15 min to test for stability. If the system becomes unstable then increase your vCore by 0.05v and try again. CoreTemp is an excellent program for monitoring CPU temp. With it there's never any question about what sensor is being used, it reads it right off the CPU ...

Prime95
OCCT
CoreTemp