• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Makin my own Music

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

YoungstaxGx

Anyone know a good program that i can use to record my own music ( i rap for fun) liek using an mp3 instrumental and juss rap into da mic .......(use earphones so mp3 doesn't go with mic mixes together)...can i get near pro quality

i heard about soundforge is that hard to use

YoungstaxGx said:
Anyone know a good program that i can use to record my own music ( i rap for fun) liek using an mp3 instrumental and juss rap into da mic .......(use earphones so mp3 doesn't go with mic mixes together)...can i get near pro quality

i heard about soundforge is that hard to use

Nope, SF is very easy to use. But for what you're talking about, you need Sonic Foundry Acid Pro 3.0
And it's pretty simple to use as well. If you get it and need help just email me [email protected]

And you can can get higher than cd quality with both those progs. So yeah, pro quality is no prob dude.

Band-In-A-Box

I have heard from a small local group that Band-In-A-Box is awesome for the type of things you are talking about. They used it to make the CDs they used to sell out of the trunk of their car and also to do their demos. It did a credible enough job that they now have a recording contract of some kind.

soundforge is for two-track stereo editing only. you need a multi-tracking program. try sonic foundry's vegas for a good and easy to use program. cubase is good and logic audio is great but both of these programs are more expensive and more difficult to use. there is also a pro-tools le version for pc.

flaming gerbil said:
soundforge is for two-track stereo editing only. you need a multi-tracking program. try sonic foundry's vegas for a good and easy to use program. cubase is good and logic audio is great but both of these programs are more expensive and more difficult to use. there is also a pro-tools le version for pc.

Vegas (Vegas Video) is used for video editing/production, it's a very good program though.

there's both vegas video and vegas audio 2.0 i occasionall use vegas audio. it's a good beginners program. i think guitar center has it on special now for $199.

Back