• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Making A Res

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Doc_T

Registered
you could make something like that water tight by using pvc pipe glue around the threads of the lid and the connectors and then add a filler port that you could connect a funnel for refilling

Newbie_Doo

Admin Parent
All of the fittings come through the lid, and the lid screws down to the jar. I use rubber tape around the hole for the cord, but as long as it stays upright, it isn't a problem. I am more interested in keeping the dust out than in keeping the water in.

Doc_T

Registered
Newbie_Doo you gotta explain that one to me bud, dust in a self contained system?

Newbie_Doo

Admin Parent
Doc_T said:
Newbie_Doo you gotta explain that one to me bud, dust in a self contained system?

I don't have a perfectly air-tight seal around the fittings. If I did not have tape around the cord hole, it would be open enough for dust from the intake to blow into the coolant. Not pretty when it happens. Evaporation I can deal with when needed, but with two 90cfm 120s blowing right next to the res, I have got to keep the dust to a minimum.

I have two sets of scotch-brite filters separated by another cloth filter keeping dust to a minimum in my intake. I'll have to find the picture.