• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Making an alarm clock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hellrazrblade

how can i get windows to play a certain audio file at say, 6:45 in the morning? i know i can tell winamp to open at that time but how do i make it play? BEEP BEEP sucks compared to like Pantera or something.

thanks.

nerd4life

about a year ago i had win 98 setup to startup cdplayer at around 6am or so. did this by starting it with task manager and used i think /play with it so it would auto start. not sure how to do it with xp and media player.

there was either a way to display cdplayer.exe 's switches or i just fooled around with them until i found the right one.

GL

thef0x82

I forgot my normal alarm somewhere once, so I hopped online and downloaded some software that was an alarm on the computer. It had the option of playing an audio file. I don't remember the name of the software right now. I'll check and post again when I get home.

Okay it's: Banshee Screamer Alarm You can find it at Download.com

Last edited: