• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Making shrouds tommorow but got a Q

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chrisdafu

I plan on making them tommorow out of aluminum. Will aluminum work good for this or do i need copper or brass? Also should I solder it on all the way around the heatercore or just in the corners? Also should the folds be soldered together? I was thinking about having 1.5" space between the fan and core, this enough, to much or to little? I also have some rivets that i could use to hold the folds together do you think this would work better than solder?

Diggrr

Underwater Senior Member
Soldering aluminum seems as tricky as trying to figure out what the .Mrs is thinking...I'd rivet the corners and adhere it to the radiator with silicone for a good seal.

grim

doesnt matter what you make it out of. aluminum will work fine. 1.5 inches is perfect. dont expect to be able to solder aluminum with normal solder. you have to braze it i think. rivets work well thats what i used.

post-1-1032061962.jpg

here is an alternative way of mounting the shroud.

JFettig

Hey! I showered! Senior
1inch works for the depth, depends on how roomy you have it set up
as for the blocks? the s-type will be 50 bucks, i only have a few for a short while... ill only have 3 for sale, and 1 is already claimed... if you want, hurry hurry hurry! lol
im also making blocks soon....