• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Malewarebytes- Still worth it- or another vendor?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Viper69

Hello everyone,

I had a Win7 version of Malewarebytes. This was sold as a life time license, and Malewarebytes agreed to update me when ready. Well this company is a piece of crap to get a hold of. Can't reach them by phone, their email SW doesn't find my email address in their database so they don't address my support ticket, and joining their stupid piece of crap forum to communicate that way doesn't work because their stupid software doesn't think I'm a real person. They used to be a good company, but now I think they are crap. I'm really disgusted with them.

SO, question- I run KAV, never had issues. Is anti-malware SW still needed, and if so, who is good other than the jerks at Malewarebytes? I'm so upset w/them.

I have to be honest... I've been good with Windows Defender for several years now and nothing else (good browsing habits....don't DL questionable things... etc. :)

Good to know! Maybe I go with that alone.
I have a lifetime license of Malwarebytes pro. Had it for like 5 years and it still updates and works just fine.

That's exactly what I have. I have the box in front of me. I don't have the executable. On my Win7 machine in my sig file, it still works and updates. But I cannot get in contact w/Malidiots to obtain the .exe

The version I have is less than v3.x, what version is yours?

Last edited:
Oh. My version is: 4.5.14 which me thinks is the latest. Have you tried just downloading the the latest one (trial version) and put your key + info in to see if it would activate?

Yeah those dingalings won't answer emails fast. They took like almost a month for me to reactivate this one. They said I had exceeded the activation times, which i replied: I HAVE LIFETIME YOU MORONS! They cleared it and I was able to reactivate.

Oh. My version is: 4.5.14 which me thinks is the latest. Have you tried just downloading the the latest one (trial version) and put your key + info in to see if it would activate?

Yeah those dingalings won't answer emails fast. They took like almost a month for me to reactivate this one. They said I had exceeded the activation times, which i replied: I HAVE LIFETIME YOU MORONS! They cleared it and I was able to reactivate.

I did think about it. But I figured my key wouldn't work because the SW I purchased wasn't subscription based like the current SW they offer now.

What email address did you use? I can't even get through.

Yeah I had the same problem w/them a few years ago, and I told them the SAME thing- LIFE TIME, means UNTIL your company goes under you MORONS

Well I have a good news! I found the CD of the SW. Question is how to install it? My new rig doesn’t have a CD drive…

I might have an external CD drive but if not?

Back