• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mandrake 9.0 and SCSI

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Miknow

I have problems with mandrake 9.0 installation, I have a Adaptec 2940UW and a 4.3 WD hard drive SCSI and when I go to the installation they terminate it and says go into expert mode. How exactly do I do that? Im a newb to linux and need scsi drivers installed I guess

i personally think it won't be the driver faults, coz it should be include in MD9.0. maybe try to follow the expert route and see. i know there is an option u may specific the scsi adapter you hv. good luck!!

Perhaps you need to manually insert the necessary SCSI kernel modules into the kernel.

I have never used SCSI and Linux together, so I'm afraid I dont know much about it :(

David

I installed it on a BP6 with an Adaptec 2940U2W and had no problems with standard installation. Loaded the aic7xxx driver by default, all was detected fine.

Same went for RH on the same machine. I've also got a 2940UW on another dual system which RH went on that was detected perfectly and I see no reason why Mandrake wouldn't be the same. Both distros have detected all the hardware I've had identically.

Back