• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mandrake 9 ISOs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zachj

Chainsaw Senior
Is it possible to install Linux from the ISOs if they are not on CD? Can I leave 'em in ISO format on the hard drive and load it that way? If so, how?

Z

I think I got it all figured out. If anyone else wonders, just insert a blank floppy and use raw write to write the hd.img image in the images directory of CD1 to the floppy. Then you tell it where the ISOs are. Make sure they reside on a FAT32 disk, though. Also, I don't know where you can get that image file except on the CD which seems like a huge waste to me, but oh well. Feel free to delete this thread if you wish, as I figured out the answer to my problem.

Z

Now I actually do have a problem. Does anyone know why it seems that I can only install the stuff from CD1 when doing it from the hard drive? After all the packages from CD1 are loaded, it gives me error after error about not being able to find the other packages and never progresses. I can operate with the base install of CD1, but it ain't fun. Any ideas? Should I install 8.2 and update it to 9?

Z

Not sure if this is what you want to do, but couldn't you install whats on CD1 and then install the rest once the system is running?

how about someone burns the cds and mails them to you? Seems like the best solution. easy.

Back