• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Marathon Season VI January: 3DMark 05

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
anybody else seen a big performance hit in win10 that has hit in the last couple of days? or has my win10 corrupted itself again...........

Have you installed the Meltdown/Spectre patch, either manually or possibly as part of routine Windows Update? It has some impact to some things, but consumer stuff seems largely unaffected.

these are the only updates I have gotten this month.
the only one that mentions much about causing issues is on 01/7, but it refers to causing booting issues on AMD systems, this is an intel system.

updates.PNG

these are the only updates I have gotten this month.
the only one that mentions much about causing issues is on 01/7, but it refers to causing booting issues on AMD systems, this is an intel system.

4056890 includes the Meltdown fix, which is known to reduce performance in some use cases on Intel systems. Not so much in gaming or Cinebench, but more likely with some IO tasks - NVMe SSD access is reported to take a bit of a hit. What areas have you seen a suspected slowdown in?

in general use, opening programs, boot time has gotten real long, things like that.
I uninstalled all those updates (that takes a very long time) and it's still slow.
I have to gut it and put it in another case for a while so I'll just reinstall the os and see what happens.

MetalRacer/GTX 1070/Air/68540

Should have a GTX 1080 to play with tomorrow. :D

capture161.jpg

20180121-185734-resized.jpg

Aleslammer/2 x Quadro FX 4800/Stock Air/29944

Score sucks one of the cards is starting to die.

29944.jpg

Hey Ales, nice to see you out.
2 cards in this bench just suck in general anyway

Fun playing here!

Been trying to find a decent board that will SLI Quadros as all my newer ones won't.

Aleslammer/Quadro FX 4800/Stock Air/30110

Changed platforms went just high enough to best 2 card score with single. Still no SLI X58, was hoping board has a SLI cert sticker.

30110.jpg

Back