• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Marathon Season VIII November: Cinebench R20

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Nice run... :)

But, what are the clock speeds? I see alot of posts with CPUz up but it lists the idle clock speeds. That isn't terribly useful information. :)

What can that CPU do under water as mine is?

Dejo, I don't see any sign of posts here. They are not being deleted. This post shows up.....

Running about 5GHZ on LN2, not sure what it will do under water have not really tried.

What clocks are you running the 8700k at , Gin? Your cpuz shows 800mhz...

Edit.. I see 5.1 ghz... on some cores...weird how others show 1.4ghz?

You may want to not have hwmonitor up when running the bench...you can get a couple more points, likely.

I think i was not running it last time...so I ran it again. This time with CBr20 by itself only. And then i launched cpuz and hwinfo64.

(G{in}[AK)TION] / Intel Core i7 8700k / Corsair H100i v2 / 4069
8700take3.png

Reaching 1.52vcore. And thats where i am probably...going to stop. This processor was stable at 1.3v @5ghz. having to raise the voltage dramatically up to 1.5v+ makes me think that i might need to get my hands on another motherboard...and LN2

I am afraid this is where I am going to have to stop...for now.

(G{in}[AK)TION] / Intel Core i7 8700k / Corsair H100i v2 / 4070
8700take4.png

Reaching 1.52vcore. And thats where i am probably...going to stop. This processor was stable at 1.3v @5ghz. having to raise the voltage dramatically up to 1.5v+ makes me think that i might need to get my hands on another motherboard...and LN2

Hehe it's a slippery slope G :D Going cold is a lot of fun.

updated Crosshair VII bios to 2901. not sure if it was a good idea. I pass 4.1ghz with flying colors but 4.2ghz is no longer possible...or at least that's what I think...I mean it basically goes from running cinebench to a black screen. not sure if its vcore or something. I may revert back to previous bios just to make sure.

(G{in}[AK)TION] / AMD Ryzen 2700x / Corsair H100i v2 / 4190
2700xtake3.png

Dejo, WTH are those memory settings ???

Looks like XMP for his new memory kit :)

Dejo, if you want to run it at CL19 then disable gear down mode in the memory tab. On the other hand, you can get better results running it at 3600 CL16-16-16 or tighter but at a higher voltage. You can also play with settings up to ~4400 as it should handle that at CL18 and not so high voltages.

thats all really just some cramming at this point.

Not sure if I should keep going. Although, I do feel like making this my main computer until thread ripper 3 comes out.

(G{in}[AK)TION] / AMD Ryzen 2700x / Corsair H100i v2 / 4320
2700xtake8.png

Nice one :thup: My CPU won't run at more than ~4325MHz on all cores. I can play with higher settings for single cores but I doubt it will help much. At least not on air cooling.

I see alot of posts with CPUz up but it lists the idle clock speeds. That isn't terribly useful information. :)
I know this pain well...
I have found that running X299 chips with C-States and EIST (SpeedStep) enabled can have a pretty big influence on the benchmark performance. The downside is that it's so frustrating when you are trying to take a picture and the CPU is clocked down. I've even gone so far as to load down the CPU just to get a screenshot because I hate idle power state screenshots. We need a little button like the GPUz render test...to load the CPU down for SS

I know this pain well...
I have found that running X299 chips with C-States and EIST (SpeedStep) enabled can have a pretty big influence on the benchmark performance. The downside is that it's so frustrating when you are trying to take a picture and the CPU is clocked down. I've even gone so far as to load down the CPU just to get a screenshot because I hate idle power state screenshots. We need a little button like the GPUz render test...to load the CPU down for SS

There is a stress test/bench in CPU-Z, so that could be used. Look on the bench tab.

Yes, this is a 7900x at 4.5ghz with AVX. Max temps when running y-cruncher? 90c.
(G{in}[AK)TION] / Intel Core i9 7900x / Corsair H100i v2 / 5919

7900ktake9.png

skylake-x RGB.jpg

I believe I can still keep on going. I noticed that every time I raise clocks with the method I am using, temps are barely affected.

I feel like crying tears of joy. Half life Alex is coming out in March 2020, I been on an intense half life nostalgia trip (a good chunk of my childhood basically) and I finally figured out how to properly OC my 7900x.

Hallelujah.

Last edited:
I noticed that every time I raise clocks with the method I am using, temps are barely affected.
Nice run!!

If you arent touching voltage, clock speeds barely affect temps. ;)

Back